It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank God!! Now kids are going to be protected from, uh, badguys?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   
I think the average parent is the most easily misled person there is, and that the government is exploiting the fear they have for their children, to their own ends, is disgusting and unforgivable.

Hot Springs - Officials in Hot Springs kicked off a new statewide service, issuing I.D cards to children as young as five years old. The state legislature passed a law in the spring that allows parents to get their child a card that looks just like a driver's license. The child's vital information will be stored in a statewide database.

(Karen Wright, mother) "I think there's not a mother that's been around that hasn't at one time called their child, and the child didn't answer. You immediately go into a panic."

(Rep. Bob Mathis, (D)Hot Springs)"There was a little opposition at first, because people thought we were being big brother. It's not big brother because it's strictly voluntary. Strictly whether the parents want to or not."
Parents taking their kids to get their ID cards say it was fast, taking just five or ten minutes. To present information, take a picture, and a fingerprint, they say it's worth the time and the money.

Mary McCarthy, Mother) "If anything were to happen to my kids and I couldn't find them, I think it would be quicker for the police to get all the information."
www.propagandamatrix.com...

How exactly is having a picture ID and vital stats, as well as a kid's fingerprints, in a statewide database going to find missing kids more quickly? It may help identify them if they find their bodies, but I don't see how it will help find them any faster than a current photograph and vital stats from the parents will.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:20 AM
link   
..And how much does it cost for a replacement card when the kids loses it as kids do?.
It's always about money, if there isn't loads to be made the whole thing would not exist.
What's next?,licenses to operate a bicycle or scooter?.
Probably.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:22 AM
link   
These IDs are not actually bad ideas, copies can be made of them and distributed among the locals if the child is ever lost or kidnapped. Adult have ids for the purpose of recognition and permits. I say it is better than haveing an electronic implant!

[Edited on 30-10-2003 by ADVISOR]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Wait.... what happened to the bar code tatoo thing
Idea

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:07 AM
link   
These ID's are not a new thing. Just more publicized these days. In fact, I am holding my 'I am a human being that will do anything the government wants ID' in my hand as I type this. Got it when I was 9.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
These ID's are not a new thing. Just more publicized these days. In fact, I am holding my 'I am a human being that will do anything the government wants ID' in my hand as I type this. Got it when I was 9.

Is the ID you got the same as the ones their issuing in Hot Springs? Like a adult drivers license or ID? Did your parents tell you why they got it for you? Just curious.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:18 AM
link   
We've been doing that here in Florida for a while...started after the Adam Walsh affair... You can get a state ID (looks just like a driver's license) for any kid 5 or older I believe....though the fingerprint is not on the card here... Fingerprints can help track and identify (and not just for bodies), so I can see the usefulness.... As always, it's simply a decision of how much liberty you're willing to sacrifice for security....

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Ultimate Control of everything is the responsibility of those responsible for the children, That would be the parents responsibility,if you grant more control to the government you may find yourself with less control than you would like.
The economy has been manipulated by factions who want to protect others,like MADD, a somewhat righteous cause but twisted into a profit by those who see a profit to be made, Drunk driving is a stupid and irresponsible thing to do, but the government keeps allowing alcohol to be produced and sold for a cut of the profits, the insurance companies gather round to reap the profits when one makes that mistake, along with fines and penalties from the local governments too.
Go ahead, put your kid in the system, once enough are in it the government will just demand everyone's kids have the card under threat of penalty and fines.
Be responsible for your own, video surveillance generally won't stop a murder from happening and neither will a card.
Pry yourself from the lie of material gain and live a modest enough lifestyle so you can be there for your kids, stop chasing $$$$.
Like anyone in the US can fathom that being the greedy little mongrels so many do not realise they are.
He who will surrender liberty in exchange for safety deserves neither liberty or safety.
The guys who founded this country thought about it long and hard before they made the rules, and it seems that their effort was wasted.
there is no excuse for all the "scaredy cat" ways people respond here to threats that wouldn't even exist if they took the ultimate responsibility upon themselves for their own protection and those they love.
Think ahead, What is it you are raising your kids for?,if this middle east crap goes on long enough you may just be fortunate enough to witness their death on TV.
Then maybe you will see what a huge lie the whole thing is.
It's up to everyone personally,not the governement.
Morals and Responsibility.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel
Is the ID you got the same as the ones their issuing in Hot Springs? Like a adult drivers license or ID? Did your parents tell you why they got it for you? Just curious.

Not really. Its like a 5x8 card, addr, doctor name and phone, finger prints on the back. Hmm, maybe I could scan it in and remove the stuff I dont want anybody to see.....

[Edited on 10/30/03 by crayon]

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by uNBaLaNCeD
..And how much does it cost for a replacement card when the kids loses it as kids do?.
It's always about money, if there isn't loads to be made the whole thing would not exist.

I agree. There appears to be plenty of money to be made here.

I wonder if there will an increase in indentity theft as a result of all of this?

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:58 AM
link   
In Iowa, parents have the option of doing that. When I was 11 or so one of my friends had one. My parents were never into that idea though, which is good. As for the barcode tattoo thing, I already have mine. I had to beat the government to it.

top topics

join