It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is NASA weak to protect National Security?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
politics.abovetopsecret.com...

After reading the story about the Chinese Spy/Businessman who stole Military Secrets and sold them to China(that story is the link above) I wondered if this theft of technology and information could be something that is holding NASA back from trying or disclosing new and foreign technologies that might "tip off" other countries.

Does anyone have information on if the US Military or any other dictates to some extent what can be pusued by NASA and what can not? And if so what was it that could not be pursued?

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
NASA doesn't handle national security. Its sole purpose is for scientific exploration of space. However, NASA in the past has worked with the Air Force on some projects.

But as far as space security, that belongs to the Air Force. They are the ones that do the spy satelites and such, namely, the NRO (National reconnisance office).

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
NASA doesn't handle national security. Its sole purpose is for scientific exploration of space. However, NASA in the past has worked with the Air Force on some projects."

I know NASA doesn't handle National Security, my question is do they answer to it? In other words does NASA have complete freedom in designing/operating of the Space Shuttle, etc. Examples of this would be; does NASA have no flight days due to the Military, has NASA mothballed projects due to the request of the military, "UFO" Cover-ups etc. etc?

If the US Military is advanced as many of us think it is, it might not want NASA to expose new projects and technologies in the fear of giving away a strategic military advantage it may have over another.

What I am asking is if anyone has read news articles online that could potentially be examples of this and if so what and where are they?

fixed quote

[edit on 16-8-2006 by masqua]

join