It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scared?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hi, I'm new here. And still a bit alone and wondering. Everyone on this forum shares a passion for the unknown, I guess. But is anyone ever scared? Or does curiousity makes you forget fear?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Err...paranoia and fear come together don't they? I'd have to say I'm pretty paranoid. I worry a lot.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:22 AM
link   
u mean gvrnmnt agents on our asses?

i kinda doubt that...there r a few suspicious characters about, all the same the people we should be wary of just scuff our theories...

since we make do with everything we see on the net we simply play the role of the messengers....bringing the information home, so as to slow it down to a standstill and be able to percieve the true meaning behind it, conspiracy theories r extremely common...nothing to worry about, post to your heart's content no1 cares what u say anyway

on a more serious note: make sure u read the guidelines...it's important u dont really piss ne1 off, that's unless u wanna b banned

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by Cyrus]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I don't mean the gvrmnt. I mean fear for not knowing what's going on in the world and beyond.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I don't have a fear of not knowing what's going on. I have a fear of not knowing what may happen at any given time.(nuclear)

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by justme
I don't mean the gvrmnt. I mean fear for not knowing what's going on in the world and beyond.

I am right there with you!!!!
What scares me the most lately is the freakin weather. At first I thought it had something to do with Mars coming so close to Earth in August but I was told that it didn't effect the weather. Then there was all those people in the UK that died because of the heat. Now I keep hearing about "solar blasts". Don't worry....you are not alone....I'm peeing my pants too

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
not really. being a cynic and incurable smartass seems to leave little time for fear

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 11:04 AM
link   
fear is the only thing that be used to can control u

the only thing to fear is fear itself!

if anyone watched i'm with busey in it's 1 season run n comedy central you'll have noted that busey taught adam about fear on 3 seperate episodes!

[Edited on 29-10-2003 by banjoechef]

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Fear is the biggest conspiracy of all, it's what seperates *US* from the truth..course that's just one scaredy cat's opinion

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
The only thing to fear is God. That is what the Bible says and I think it is a pretty good idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
The only thing to fear is God. That is what the Bible says and I think it is a pretty good idea.

God is not real. Fearing the unknown makes you sound a lot more open minded.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
What I know can scare me more than what I don't know.

Here's an old chestnut:

F.E.A.R. = False Expectations Appearing Real

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy

God is not real. Fearing the unknown makes you sound a lot more open minded.

Can't you say from the humanistic view that a man is his own God in a sense. The idea of God will never die.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 04:46 PM
link   
"God is not real. Fearing the unknown makes you sound a lot more open minded."

This is a glaring contradiction and hypocritical... Open-minded? By saying there is no God, it makes you appear close-minded... When you post, back up your claims.... That would be like me saying, "We'll be bombed in five seconds.", without backing it up... Give evidence or support your claim, but don't be ignorant. Ignorance is what we deny here.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaEchelon
"God is not real. Fearing the unknown makes you sound a lot more open minded."

This is a glaring contradiction and hypocritical... Open-minded? By saying there is no God, it makes you appear close-minded... When you post, back up your claims.... That would be like me saying, "We'll be bombed in five seconds.", without backing it up... Give evidence or support your claim, but don't be ignorant. Ignorance is what we deny here.

The only evidence that god is real is that it says so in some books. I don't believe everything I read. I hope you don't. Fearing God is like fearing Santa Claus. People say he's real but they have absolutely no proof. The unknown is there, it is unknown but it is still real. Believing in fairy tales makes you look stupid, believing in something that is tangable is alot better.

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Being that you've come here and have been searching for answers I'm assuming that you've taken the first few steps in confronting your "Fear". As one person has already pointed out, Nothing to Fear but Fear itself. Think about that phrase for a while and it really starts making sense. Fear is an irrational and useless emotion once you really think about it. It serves no purpose at all that can be of constructive use for you, so you should learn to control it best you can.

Also, the whole "Fear God" thing I don't agree with at all. IMO if someone has a Fear of God they've missed the point somewhere, or they've been brainwashed by one of the many Control Oriented Religions. Along those same lines however if you're gonna fear anything, have fear of those who are Religious Radicals and/or Church going Zealots.

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS... and the only thing you should fear is my wraith!!!!! MWAHAHAHAHHHHHHHH

posted on Nov, 1 2003 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Fear is irrational .............
its a trap
When you begin to have OOBE s or Die
you will find that fear will paralyze you and draw you back into the body or trap you into immobility
better get over it
You are an energy being you always have been
you always will be...immortal..eternal
get it
Its inconceivable to me how anyone with
with a relative amount of rudimentary
intelligence cant understand this simple concept
So embrace your fear
Learn ...expand your mind
Love

new topics

top topics