It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dead Cattle Piling-up in Wake of California Heat

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
Relentless, contrary to the commercials, the cows dont frolic around in green pastures. They are used to 102 maybe 103 for a few weeks, not 113+ for weeks on end.

Couldn't have said it better.

As for disposal of the cow carcasses, I know the numbers are too great to be incinerated perse, but I do know from living in England during the foot and mouth thing, that it is quite possible to build a giant pyre and burn the lot of them, hecatomb style.

As a couple of others mentioned, the air quality up there is not good to begin with, however, I am under the impression that it would be easier to clear some smoke from the air, as opposed to the contaminants that will leach into the ground water as a result of them burying the carcasses in landfills.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
It is too hot here. I live in the desert in Southern CA. It has been awful and the heat is driving me nuts.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by S1LV3R4D0
If mad cow disease or "doping" was the case, the chickens, turkeys and humans would be ok id assume.

The human death count for just this area is up over 100 now. I dont think its a doping issue, its just FRAKIN TOO DANG HOT OUT THERE. It got so bad i had to go buy a fan because my AC wasnt even cooling my apartment down anymore.

Okay - deep down inside I know they are not dropping from mad cow, I just think it's an excellent opportunity to test them since I believe we under test for it and it would be a nice easy way of sampling the cows in general since there's a pile of them.

posted on Jul, 28 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
All this crazy weather is piling up carcasses-bovine in other spots too. Saskatchewan and Manitoba (in certain areas) have had so much rain that Anthrax is "floatin' to the top" of the water table... worst since the 1920's, 324 head at my last check a couple of days ago (not including equine and sheep). Didn't an actual US General claim that "we'll own the weather by 2015" (or something to that effect), perhaps they fell behind in the payments? Hmmm.

Victor K.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join