It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

p.o.w.s in southeast Asia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 06:28 AM
link   
I don't know if this is the right place for this post or if its been discussed before but I think it is extremely important.Does anyone out there think we left behind any pows in Vietnam after we pulled out?I read somewhere that the N.V.A. had more or less ask for "ransom money" to get our boys back and the U.S. government turned them down.Also there have been reports by Vietnamese farmers stating they have seen these Americans being held captive long after we pulled our troops out.If this is true I find it very disturbing that our government would leave behind soldiers who fought for the very government who labeled them as disposable.Does anyone else know anything about this or have any input?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There was a cover story at the time that said American Soldiers were deserting to other parts of Asia.

I believe that there may have been a few still there, but how can you account for them?

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I bought a P.O.W. bracelet a couple of years ago. I looked up his name on the internet, just to learn a little more about him. It said the last time he was spotted was in '88 or '89 in southern China as a slave.
Thats sad that we didn't bring them all home, its even worse we left over there that long. And he is still there.
Personally I do not see why we could not go get them or would not I should say. Maybe someone here could help me understand that one.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
If you are interested in the issue then contact your local chapter of Rolling Thunder.

They are an organization dedicated to holding the U.S. government accountable for POWs and MIAs from all wars.

The US government secretly promised to pay the North Vietnamese 8 billion dollars in "war reparations" in exchange for all prisoners being held at the end of the war.

The NVA released those that were known to be held, specifically those pilots and back seat guys being held in the "Hanoi Hilton".

The US reneged on the deal and never paid the money that they committed to.

Out of the roughly 3000 MIAs only 300 were returned. The majority of those were the officers that managed to get their name out to the Red Cross, and other organizations.

No POWs were returned from Laos or Cambodia.

In all probability there were also deserters that rallied to the NVA, and also pilots and crews lost in areas that were so remote that recovery was impossible.

Wounded, captured personnel were probably executed and buried in unmarked graves.

There are still 30,000 French buried in known graves in Vietnam, but the Vietnamese charge up to 2,000 dollars to disinter these soldiers, and then all transport costs are absorbed by the people requesting the remains.

31 years after the war has ended, the idea that any living members of the US armed services are still alive is very remote. Any that were left behind were most likely tortured to death, or worked to death, and are all dead by now.

Some were blown into pieces that could not be recovered.

I wish that all Americans would hold our leaders accountable when we send our sons and daughters to war.

We may not be able to bring them all back, but we damn sure better bring back all that we can, or none of us will ever willingly go again.

posted on Sep, 30 2006 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Also the fact is that all them are problly excuted by now, due to the fact that the Vietnamese can be poor as it is now, without having to feed the P.O.W to keep them alive.
So after 10 years and the USA still refuse to pay still, they are useless as they know they won't get anything out of them...so they will sell them for slavery or excute them to save themselfs cash for babysitting them for no reason.

posted on Oct, 5 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   
There were some 300 POWs held by Laos. And when they approached Henry Kissinger at the Paris peace talks he rebuffed them. He was successful in dealing with North Vietman and wanted to end things there. He hung them out to dry ro die.

I KNOW there were guys left there. I was in Marine recon group and know some things that I've never been debriefed on so I can't say where else I was besides So. Vietnam......

new topics

top topics

join