It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

my profile image

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   
hmm well i just wasted 2500 points on a background image. I figured they'd resize it. automatically. how can i take it off. or can i? i know i lost my points, which makes me mad, but i would rather have nothing up than that. man that upsets me. you need to put that it isnt automatically resized.

JAK

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Hello l0rds0fcha0s,

When you purchase a Mini-profile image you are informed that:

Please enter the name of a file you've uploaded to the ATS uploads directory. Only images in this directory will appear as your custom profile background image, and make sure you type the image name EXACTLY as it appears in your upload center (there are no refunds for typos, sorry).

Please be aware that the typical width of the table cell for your custom profile is about 180 pixels. Please make sure that your image does not interfer with your profile information nor present users with an ugly repeat of the pattern.

Images that disrupt the content of your profile are subject to removal without warning or refund. In addition, background images must not be more than 50k in size, or they will be removed without warning or refund. Please make sure you like the image you are uploading, there are no refunds if you change your mind.

You can remove your background by deleting the upload. In your case:

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Your image also exceeded the maximum size mentioned on the purchase screen of 50k: Size of File: 70.46 KB (72146 bytes)

Please check your U2U's.

Jak

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
I

I am a little confused on how the background image works. Does it resize? This is a test
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
gggg
test
sorry, just need to figure this out for myself. hopefully no one read this thread.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBK
I

I am a little confused on how the background image works. Does it resize? This is a test
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
s
gggg
test
sorry, just need to figure this out for myself. hopefully no one read this thread.

No. You need to size it properly based on THESE dimensions

Then...

Go to TOOLS
ATS UPLOADS
upload then chose the Profile Background option.

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I think I just got it. I used a transparent gif as my avatar. The dimensions are not right, but it looks like the site picked the right area to show

posted on Jan, 19 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

Actually, is the size of my name[tag] to large? Do I have to scale it down to save space on the threads?

new topics

top topics

join