It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Biden Democratic Front Runner???

page: 1

join
share:
df1

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A democratic front runner for the presidential nomination is Joe Biden. He is the only the only potential candidate to articulate a coherent strategy on iraq. Biden was talking about dividing iraq at least since May of the this year and perhaps sooner.

Monday, May 1, 2006 10:18 a.m. EDT
Sen. Joe Biden: Divide Iraq in Three
The senior Democrat on the Senate Foreign Relations Committee proposed Monday that Iraq be divided into three separate regions - Kurdish, Shiite and Sunni - with a central government in Baghdad.

In an op-ed essay in Monday's edition of The New York Times, Sen. Joseph Biden. D-Del., wrote that the idea "is to maintain a united Iraq by decentralizing it, giving each ethno-religious group ... room to run its own affairs, while leaving the central government in charge of common interests."

Now we have the iraqi prime minister echoing his sentitments.

Published: 24 July 2006

Independent Online
The Iraqi Prime Minister, Nouri al-Maliki, meets Tony Blair in London today as violence in Iraq reaches a new crescendo and senior Iraqi officials say the break up of the country is inevitable.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I like joe biden. He doesnt mess around,and tells it like it is. Some criticize him of speaking too long,but sometimes you need to take longer if it means giving a definitive answer.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 11:01 PM
link   
There's something I've wanted to post for half a week now, but I waited. Why did I wait? Because this thread has by now made my point. So here's the post:

Bid-who?
Yes yes, Joe Biden, the Democratic Senator whose name I know I've heard but just can't place.

Ask yourself, don't answer it in the thread, just check with yourself: do you know what state he's from? Do you know what his big issues are? Do you know what committees he is on? Would you know his picture if you saw it?

Great guy and all, but he had better say a few Hail Marys and pray for a low turnout in the primary, because if the average joe shows up to vote in the primary, they'll pick a gimmick candidate who they know better. Biden's as solid as any Democratic candidate out there, with the minor inconvenience of not being a woman or a Clinton or the guy who got quote unquote cheated out of the 2000 election.

Biden's a good general election candidate because his name won't mobilize Republicans (unlike Hillary), but I've got big doubts about his fundraising and primary success.
The good news for Biden is that if he loses in the primary but the Republicans still lose in the general, he can probably take over the state department and make a name for himself and make himself the logical heir to the office in 2016, assuming that I'm right to believe that Hillary will get the nomination and run with McCain, because the Democrats will never nominate McCain in his own right, even on the THIN chance that he stays healthy long enough to serve as VP and then gun for the top job.

new topics

join