It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Okay, folks!

Here's your chance to let it all hang out. I've been trying to organize and focus the discussion on Social Issues long enough for most to have formed an opinion.

What do you think?

Be honest, but no profanity, please.

Grady

[edit on 2006/7/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I'm enjoying the heck out of it. I especially like the fact that everybody is respectful of each other's opinions. I can't say any of the posts have necessarily changed my opinion but I can say I have learned and studied things I might not have otherwise.

As an aside I'm still working on researching relationship violence so I can start a thread on that.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by gallopinghordes
As an aside I'm still working on researching relationship violence so I can start a thread on that.

Glad to hear it. Keep up the good work.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
For the most part, Grady, I think your're doing a great job.

In my opinion, you might be a little overzealous, but that's ok. Better to care too much than not enough.

I'm enjoying PTS and especially Social Issues more than I ever thougut I would.

Good job!

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
In my opinion, you might be a little overzealous, but that's ok. Better to care too much than not enough.

Not to worry. When we get the big discussion topics properly organized and we develop a stable clientele, I'll become redundant.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've been enjoying PTS ever since its inception, but lately it's improved dramatically, due in no small part to you, Grady and the other moderator types who seem to have taken an interest in the site. Kudo's go out to all.

Oh...and no profanity

[edit on 26-7-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I think you're doing a bang-up job, Grady.
Maybe just stop spamming the intro threads, though. We have enough copy-pasters in that forum as it is, and to be honest you're coming across like a door-to-door vacuum cleaner salesman. Other than that, keep up the good work.

[edit on 2006-7-26 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   
No more "spamming," but you can't blame guy for trying to get the word out.

"Early to bed, early to rise, advertise, advertise, advertise."
--Ray Kroc

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Grady, you've done a remarkable job with the place. I can honestly say that before the big shake-up, I would only stray into PTS every once in a blue moon. Now I make it a point to visit on a regular basis, thanks in no small part to your valuable services.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 08:32 AM
link   
GP great job with the clean up, keep it up.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Notice that this forum is one of the few to include a nice welcome message, and suggestion box as stickies.
The welcome message states clearly what kind of issues work well, and the perspective the forum seeks. The suggestion box shows that clearly Grady is serious about making his little corner of this massive site a place to keep visiting. In fact Grady, I think you're doing such a damn fine job that:

You have voted GradyPhilpott for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

Thank you.

Now if you could just get the US Politics forum posts to show up under new posts when on the ATS home page, you'd be da man. But alas, I know that's not your domain, no worries.

edit: replace a word.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Whoasville, TrueAmerican! You're making me blush.

I just want to tell folks that I'm not just into praise here. Criticism is more than welcome.

I can't make Social Issues a better place without a concerned membership.

In fact, about the only thing I can do is encourage the best from everyone. The rest is up to you.

So, don't be bashful. Tell me what you think.

[edit on 2006/7/27 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Whoasville,

That made me laugh out loud!

I also think it's great that you pinned those threads that TA mentioned. Every forum could use those. Good job, Grady!

And I'd complain if I could think of anything to complain about.

[edit on 27-7-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:29 PM
link   
lol, I chuckled at that too BH. Why Grady isn't a mod here by now is beyond me. I think he'd make a great mod.

As time goes on here Grady, I'm sure things will come up, and maybe we'll have some decent suggestions for you. In the meantime, let's just keep on socializing. From a sociological perspective that is, of course.
Now, back to acting all crazy and stuff.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
lol, I chuckled at that too BH. Why Grady isn't a mod here by now is beyond me. I think he'd make a great mod.

That would cause a shift of Roswellian proportions into the Land of Enchantment... And since we have Los Alamos, White Sands, Kirtland, the Dulce Base, a Monkey Mod, and more Chupacabras and Skinwalkers than you can shake an alien probe at... Just too much talent in the land of "Red or Green?"

Ruidoso Monkeys, not just for being inundated with Texans anymore...

[edit on 27/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Mirthful Me is right. Some of us are just a little too colorful to be mods.

posted on Jul, 27 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Mirthful Me is right. Some of us are just a little too colorful to be mods.

Must say Grady, given the context, that word "colorful" there was...well... ingeniously chosen. I thought colors were good around here...heh, just look around: SO loves colors.

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Grady you looking for feedback well here is some feed

Sorry could not resist, but want to say that the topic of social issues is perhaps the best that could have been chosen simply because it is so diverse.

Keep up the good work

[edit on 7/29/2006 by shots]

posted on Jul, 29 2006 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Hey Grady,

I thought I had better the indulgence of replying to this thread...

I have been a ATSer for a bit, but the PTS post's have been very "Refined" to say the least.
The one thing of this "Society" (World as a Whole) we need each other to survive the "Tides" of our lives.
Doing Great man, keep up the "Great Work!!" and I don't care what they say about you...."Your Great!!" (That was a joke BTW)

Now, "If You could only give me a "Six Figure paying Job?!!" (That was a joke too!!")

Keep up the good work bud, and by the way, "You Get My First 'above top secret vote!!!"

"Why don't I have a vote decission area?"
Keep on, keep'in on Grady!!!

[edit on 29-7-2006 by Allred5923]

posted on Sep, 11 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I used to avoid PTS Grady, but with the changes taking place in the forum, as well as the redirection of many threads to PTS instead of ATS, I now regularly check it out. Shame I can't get new posts to show both at once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join