It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Artificial Sun - Fusion Energy - Is it really here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Here's the link to the story:

upi.com...

Now, does anyone want to wager a guess as to where the success of this energy generation will lead China? (If they do succeed...)

I will offer my opinion and wait for yours: China will gradually (or perhaps quickly) jump out to the lead in exporting its technology for this generator. The United States will be left struggling to keep up as a super power.

Things will soon change from being superpowers about petroleum. My prediction.

Newtron

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Okay, it appears the U.S. is now in on this?

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Okay, the second link I posted was done in 2003. Not exactly current. And very, very interesting.

Beside the technology that China is potentially going to offer here, what happened to this project? Why did the U.S. back out? Did they back out? Does the U.S. have something even better to offer instead of the fusion generator?

I am confused on this one, and very very interested.....will look into it.

Anyone interested is invited to look into this as well.

Newtron

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Oh man, I was reading the comments posted on the initial link, and woah, talk about ignorance.

iwrote1 wrote on Jul 25 2006 09:07:01
This project should likely be called PANDORA'S BOX. If China is involved in such a dangerous experiment, it's almost a certainty that it began life as a potential weapon of war or that is its ultimate design. I don't trust that they've taken every precaution to ensure the planet's safety, and I liken them to children with dynamite and a match. Whatever technology they've acquired over the past twenty years was either obtained by 1) theft, 2) through spying, or 3) by a Clinton. I think it is possible that China will bring about some of the devastation spoken of in the book of Revelations through their pursuit of, ahem, 'power.'

I personally find the Chinese people to be a very well educated people.

Why do I get the distinct feeling this guy is a republican?

Aside from that. I look forward to seeing their results, this could be a very interesting time for power generation.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by johnsky]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 01:51 AM
link   
here is something a bit more current.

using lasers to start the reaction.

watch the videos, very informative.

www.llnl.gov...

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Stevo_Devo]

[edit on 5-8-2006 by Stevo_Devo]

posted on Aug, 5 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I submitted an ATSNN news article on this just recently. The thing is due for a test in 10 days.

And as Tom Bedlam says, it will not be used to generate electricty, so ignore that little bit.

top topics

join