It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Video of an isreali airstrike

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:31 AM
link   
www.strategypage.com...

You'll notice they targeted rockets launchers after the rockets were launched. Its as if they let hez launch the rockets first so they could say SEE we are targeting miltary targets not civilians.

On a side note I like that the UN finally blasted Hez for "Cowardly Blending with civilians" and then boasting about casualties. The statement is available on all "official" news sites.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I read a thread on ATS only the other day regarding this video.
Apparently the video was shot from a UAV, and that's the reason there was a delay in acquiring the target and launching, as another aircraft did the shooting.

Let me see if i can find it.

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Denied]

[edit on 25-7-2006 by Denied]

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman

You'll notice they targeted rockets launchers after the rockets were launched. Its as if they let hez launch the rockets first so they could say SEE we are targeting miltary targets not civilians.

They have to wait for the rockets to fire so that they can detect them.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by kuhl

They have to wait for the rockets to fire so that they can detect them.

Yeah I though of that like wild weasels in vietnam, however that sucker was staring at the launch site for a bit and seemed like it was just waiting. THen again maybe its was suspicious but not confirmed as a site.

At very least its shows israel isn't just firing indiscriminately at anything as some would like to believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Madman

At very least its shows israel isn't just firing indiscriminately at anything as some would like to believe.

Although it is hard to reconcile that statement with the bombing of the Red Cross convoy.

Im not on either side of this, just that I dont believe a video of an airstrike on a legitimate target can be used as cast iron proof of the entire campaign's accuracy, which has had its fair share of mistakes.

I think the legitamacy of this campaign will be proven if Hezbollah can be nullified, however, as the number of civilian casualties rise so will anger towards Israel and that may nullify any chance of putting Hezbollah out of business.

So, the question I keep asking myself is, Is success a possibility, re: the Israel offensive in Lebannon. If Hezbollah is still functioning then its a no. Can Hezbollah be completely destroyed, with a minimum of civilian casulties?

If that is the goal of this, then its not going well so far.

Sorry for going offtopic, in a way, but this topic seemed to try to make the point of Israel not bombing every Tom, Dick and Harry. Which is a good point, Israel is not the devil incarnate that some people try to make it out to be, however I felt this topic also brought up the subject as to whether these bombings/airstrikes will bring about the desired outcome, of nullifying Hezbollahs attacks on Israel.

new topics

top topics

join