It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

question about Energy Drink ingredient.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Im looking for an ingredient in a energy drink.. the drink is Krating Daeng, more comonly known as Thai Redbull (The Original Red Bull for those who thought it came from Switzerland or USA
)

It comes with a swedish label on the back of the bottle.. probablt some EU thing..
anyway it lists inositol as (innocital)

It is classified as a member of the vitamin B complex, though it is not considered a vitamin per se

en.wikipedia.org...

The thing im looking for is Dexentinal, wich im pretty sure should be spelled dexentinol or some other way...

the only thing that google finds is dexanabinol wich is some experimental ms medicine.. and probably is not the same thing at all..

Anyone know what this thing is.. i know about 10 years ago or less it said both caffeine and nicotine on the label of these bottles..so im wondering if this is some alternative to nicotine or just in general what this ingredient might be.

posted on Jul, 25 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
It sounds an awful lot like dexedrene, which is basically legal speed. The hippies loved it, its what they called "uppers".

From what Ive read, its currently used alot like Ritalin is, for ADHD.

I dont know if its related or not thogh to the stuff youre looking for. Seeing how its in a stimulant based drink, it could very well be.

posted on Jul, 26 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here's some info on it from a distributor (bottom of the thread):
www.bevnet.com...

I think the "nicotine" is actually one of the B vitamins- Niacin, aka "nicotinic acid." Pure nicotine is poisonous to us. Given the public statement of what's in the drink, I think this makes sense. www.answers.com...

The dex-chemical you are looking for MAY be the chemical name of one of the sugars. There's a lot of sugar in those drinks, notably cane sugar.

join