It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Point of No Return?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
With the calls for a cessation of violence in this Middle East conflict, one question I have is; have the Israelis reached the point of no return?

If the Israelis were to end the military action in Lebanon now, what would that bring to the middle east?

I think the reprisals would be quick, and lead to even more death and destruction in the region.

One could say that Israel is damned if they do and damned if they don't at this point.

It would be similar to driving a bulldozer through your neighbor's house, then return to your home without any fear of retaliation from your neighbor.

I truly believe at this point, the Israelis cannot stop, they know what that would mean.

Strange that we are seeing the Israelis who once were the victims of a government hell bent on their annihilation, face similar threat now, while pushing for the annihilation of their own enemies today.

Is that the only choice Israel has now; Annihilate their enemies, or face annihilation in the future?

I do not believe Israel has a clear option to peace in the region now. Only time will tell.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
just remember israelis arab neighbours will not sit back. they will just use back channels to some how use hez to get back at israel. the endless cycle will continue, unless israel go all the way. america and england seem to be backing up israel in this view. israel are in a lose lose situation, unless the powers of iran and syria are stopped to.

just see the questions that are being brought up about what israel can actually do next.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dont worry...the Israeli's are not going to quit now and implement a cease fire anytime soon. Just this morning they said it would be weeks before they are done so a lot can happen between now and then. But be rest assured they arent stopping anything prematurelay.

join