It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete control behind the scenes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I've been thinking about the NWO one world govt police state theories. If there was a full hostile takeover and transition into a police state what would the benefit be to the powers that be?

My thought was that perhaps the controlling eilte if you will want full control but dont want to appear that way, so they work subtly in the shadows and dont ever intend on a hostile takeover, police state or in your face blunt opression.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
well, that's the problem with people with power isn't it, they want more and more and when they have it all...they're kinda stuck.
Same with like a perfect world, everyhbody wants peace and love and stuff, but what is there to do if you can't play games with a little violence for example.
Then you can play mikcy mouse mysterys or something cause every other game has somekind of violence, skating also gone, you can hurt yourself:O
orehm, any sport, gone, movies gone, everything gone, cause it can hurt the peace and stuff.

The same problem is with the world take over only if they have full controll and total power the only thing left to do is make sure your people pay respect to you, and play with them a little.

Basicly, if one guy rules all others, all others become pets to play with, and that's the trouble with the NWO.(at least i think it will be eventually)

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   

warpboost
I've been thinking about the NWO one world govt police state theories. If there was a full hostile takeover and transition into a police state what would the benefit be to the powers that be?

My thought was that perhaps the controlling eilte if you will want full control but dont want to appear that way, so they work subtly in the shadows and dont ever intend on a hostile takeover, police state or in your face blunt opression.

A police state would be the most effective tool with which to administer “debt collection,” so to speak. Also, it won’t be advertised as a “police state” – nobody likes those. There will be a sales pitch, and people will buy it. Think of it, instead, like America’s “war on terror.” Curbed civil liberties will be necessary for our “security” and for the survival of “our way of life.” There will be a lot of resistance, probably, but there will probably be more complicity than anything, just like the situation here in the USA.

Patronas
well, that's the problem with people with power isn't it, they want more and more and when they have it all...they're kinda stuck.
Same with like a perfect world, everyhbody wants peace and love and stuff, but what is there to do if you can't play games with a little violence for example.
Then you can play mikcy mouse mysterys or something cause every other game has somekind of violence, skating also gone, you can hurt yourself:O
orehm, any sport, gone, movies gone, everything gone, cause it can hurt the peace and stuff.

I agree that people in power want more and more of it, but I don’t know about your “peace and love” analogy. I know a few people that would fit that category, but they are a very small minority. Rather, more people seem to just want an end to, you know, torture, chemical attacks, and the atrocities of war.

Patronas
The same problem is with the world take over only if they have full controll and total power the only thing left to do is make sure your people pay respect to you, and play with them a little.

Basicly, if one guy rules all others, all others become pets to play with, and that's the trouble with the NWO.(at least i think it will be eventually)

I agree that this is the problem not only with the proposed “NWO” but also with rulers today. Not all of them actually see “the people” as people. Instead, they are liabilities, they are a resource for capital, for debt, for manpower, for the military.

new topics

join