It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fully invisible fighter jets?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Hey, I work at a water park in Ocean City, NJ. Its the tallest structure around, and I spend quite a good bit of time at the top of it dispatching slides. anyway, I have heard fighter jet type engines 20-30 times so far this summer, but I cant find them. They cant be riding the horizon lines as its an island on the atlantic ocean, theres no clouds in the sky. I though maby they were around 30k feet using afterburners, but I saw no jet trails. Has anyone heard of anything on this small of a scale being invisible? All I saw was 1 other post about a C-5 galaxy size aircraft.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by NGRUKamikazie]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   
On a hazy day the commonly found gray camoflauge on top/light on bottom does work pretty well so it might be a combination of that, and they are too far away or it could be bird of prey technology
Since that came out of the black I wouldnt even be suprised if they have it on combat aircraft already and have for some time

[edit on 20-7-2006 by warpboost]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Although this is not the case, I read that one experimental scheme the military is working on is to have aicraft skins that can change color to mimic whatever the back ground is. The technology has been tested with combat uniforms to great effect, and some time ago(1 year+), Yahoo news featured an article about a Japanese company that tested a coat that would show what was in the background. This was actually done in public, on a Tokyo street, with a girl wearing the coat. And sure enough, the coat almost seemed tranparent, and you could see everything behind her, the street, the buildings, the people walking by.

So, the technology is there, it just needs to be applied.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by TSR2005]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I've had F-15s go overhead at less than 10,000 feet and I could barely see them. And I usually have no trouble at all seing and identifying planes at that altitude. There have been many times they've gone over on clear days and I never found them, and other days when I found them with no problems.

Not invisible, just difficult to see because of their size and conditions.

top topics

join