It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Building Collapse In Nigeria Kills At Least 43

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   
At least 43 have died after a new four-story building collapsed in central Lagos, Nigeria. They fear that more than 100 was in the building at the time of the collapse. Witnesses heard a loud bang before the building suddenly caved in. They are searching for survivors...

BakuTODAY.net: Death toll in Nigerian building tragedy rises to 43: rescuers

20/07/2006

The death toll from the collapse of a four-story building in central Lagos has risen to 43, a member of the rescue team said in a televised interview.

Witnesses said the building collapsed with a "bang" just as residents were coming home from work on Tuesday night. An АFР reporter who visited the scene early on Wednesday heard wails and cries from people trapped in the debris. "Please help me, I am dying," one victim cried out. A man who simply gave his name as David told АFР his wife and three children were still under the building.

Lagos State Governor Bola Tinubu who visited the scene of the disaster Wednesday ordered the immediate arrest and prosecution of those responsible for the construction of the building, television reports said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

BBC: New building collapses in Nigeria

19 July 2006

More than 100 people are feared to have been in the building when it collapsed, according to the AFP news agency.

"It was a gory sight. I was coming out of my house when I heard a loud bang and the four-storey structure suddenly caved in," eyewitness Debo Ajala told AFP."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

They still don't know the cause of the collapse but are already blaming "those responsible for the construction of the building" and have ordered their arrest.

new topics

join