It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Gropes Angela Merkal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Honestly, what was he thinking? I cringed for both of them when I saw it. On one American news channel, they tried to gloss it over as a friendly overture that she wasn't insulted by saying - 'and look she lifts her arms like the massage worked!' The LA Times said she smiled, but it looks like an embarrassed grimace to me.

Unbelievable. Could you picture him doing it to Putin!!??

www.alternet.org...

"Eclipsing even his father's unfortunate chunk-hurling on the Emperor of Japan, Bush has made yet another shameful blunder on what is now undoubtedly the most embarrassing official trip abroad for any American president. After stumbling from Putin's smackdown at his suggestion that Russia ought to emulate the democracy in Iraq to babbling about wanting to eat a pig to getting caught on tape cursing while chomping on a roll, Bush channeled the Creepy Guy at Work who gives a female coworker an unwanted massage, much to his repulsed target's chagrin.

Of course, it wasn't just any gal The Groper went after. It was German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

Mash has a series of still shots here, and Crooks and Liars has the video."

I hope noone's posted about this already, I couldn't find one - Just wondering what you folks thought about Bush's overtly sexist blunder?

Just a friendly Texan - What made him think he could be that familiar with the elected leader of Germany?

[edit on 19-7-2006 by clearwater]

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 19 2006 @ 07:43 PM
link   
lol, your Sun Bear signature seems fitting for Merkel's reaction.

A German chancellor will flex to rid herself of gropers.

join