It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man these gasprices are NUTS!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Over here its like this atm:

Diesel: 1,1270€/l (1,4167$/l 5.36$/gallon)
Super 95 Unleaded: 1.4840€/l (1.8655$/l 7.05$/gallon)
Super 98 Unleaded: 1.5230€/l (1.914f$/l 7.23$/gallon)

Nasty high, I remember filling up my tank 3 years ago with Super 95 for just a $ and back then the € and $ were closer together in conversion rate.

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Thats why I make sure all the cars I have are slow gas gulping cars than the ones who make you go to the gas station every five days. I can save my gas for over 3 weeks with my car. Just to let you know I drive a hybrid Toyota which I had for awhile and I have been upgrading it. And me saving it for 3 weeks, thats only of I dont drive for far distances and only go a couple of miles from home and not all day. I dont have much of a reason to use it everyday I can walk.

[edit on 20-7-2006 by wildcat]

posted on Jul, 20 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Just remember to drive less and walk more or do what the environmentalist tell you, ride your bike- good excersize. But I usually fill it up every 2 1/2 weeks when I go very far to parties or lakes.

posted on Jul, 21 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
$17 a gallon!? And I thought we had it rough at $3 a gallon.

I wish I could depend on driving less, yet there is really no public transportation in my area and other than a small gas station/store on the corner...everywhere is too far to walk and a bicycle doesn't exactly have a place for my children and they are too young yet to follow me on their bikes on the street.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
$17 a gallon!? And I thought we had it rough at $3 a gallon.

I wish I could depend on driving less, yet there is really no public transportation in my area and other than a small gas station/store on the corner...everywhere is too far to walk and a bicycle doesn't exactly have a place for my children and they are too young yet to follow me on their bikes on the street.

Erm, I think your misreading something :p 7$ a gallon, the I is an L, part of the $/Liter thing ...

And Wildcat, most of my transportation is done by bike and most of the car driving I do is for work, payed by work.
I stopped using my personal car to do stuff like getting smokes and go to the pub almost 10 years ago.

Don't get me wrong though, I'm as much a carfreak as any other, my personal car is a VW Golf III VR6 tuned as much as it can be and I have the pilot seat in a racing team here in belgium.

I just love driving my bike too and do that every chance I get.

posted on Jul, 22 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Oh! Well don't I feel silly, I see it now.

That's still quite a bit though.

top topics

join