It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran suppling weapons to hezzbolah

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Why is Iran denying they are suppling weapons to hezzbolah. I thought they wanted to destroy Isreal. They should be in there trying to destroy Isreal.
All it is,is another case of arab cowardness.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I dont thnk they are quite ready to defend against the US
As soon as everything is in place, and all the weapons are placed.
im sure they'll openely announce if not hit israel.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
To the thread starter:

Do you know who supplies the weapons and arms to the Isreali military ?

Do you think Isreal would have launched this (obviously orchestrated and preplanned) military campeign if the us wans't near with considerable force ?.

And you talk about cowardness ??...

Of the 150 targets the Isreali military targeted last week, only 5 or 6 were known Hezbollah area's, the rest were civilian infrastructure...... get my point ?

Don't get me wrong, i'm not supporting Hezbollah, but anyone with a bit common sense can't possibly support the conduct of Isreal either. Both are making a mess over there.Both are guitly in letting this situation escalate.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Steve

Do you have any proof or links to support Iran giving weapons or is it speculation?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Xyzer
Fuel Stations/Depots, Bridges and roads are legitimate targets for military operations. Yes they are part of civilian infrastructure, but they're allso essential military assets... Israel is decapitating Lebanons and Hezbollahs military abilities by denying them freedom of movement. A sound strategy in my opinion, yes they should do more to avoid civilian casualities, but on the other hand Hezbollah, while allso attacking military targets, deliberately attacks civilian targets without any strategic value at random... Which is worst?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:20 AM
link   
xyer I think there is a difference between Hezbollah and Israel.

Hezbollah's military wing is a militia within the country of Lebanon. This is like Mexico funding a milita military based in the USA to launch missles into Canada and kidnap soldiers. And the US government not doing anything to get the Mexican supplied milita out of there own country. Now how is Canada suppose to respond. If the legitimate government is too much of a wimp to get the Syria and Iranian supported hezbollah military wing out of a there soverign nation and it is attacking another nation. Israel has the right to defend itself.

If someone attacked your family from your neighbors house, and the attckers are still hiding in your neighbors house. I would defend my children and attack my neighbors house that is allowing the attacks to continue. And get the attackers out of the house too.

Israel is supported by the US yes. But Hezbollah is supported by Iran and Syria. Israel at least tries not to hit civilian targets. Firing missles into Israel is an act of war from Lebanon, as the attacks are coming from there.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop

I dont thnk they are quite ready to defend against the US
As soon as everything is in place, and all the weapons are placed.
im sure they'll openely announce if not hit israel.

There are no american soldiers fighting there. But I gaurentee there are Iranians there. There are stories that the Iranians are behind hezzbolah.

And yes I know who supports Isreal. And Iran will know it when it hits Isreal. Isreal will pound them.
They are all talk, just like the rest of the middle east countries.

Nobody is making a mess over there. The middle east has been a mess for 2500 years.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by steve99]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   
First off all *, Iranians are not arabs. Second of all Israel already got punded back in 83 and hizbullah will do the same again so why should we go there when they are very well armed. Israel is scared to go to Lebanon and your already talking about those dirty rats getting 2,000km into Iran so they can "pound" us
. 12 year old kid, go back playing your computer games.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by Mehran]

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 7/17/2006 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:46 AM
link   
sbob, you hit the nail on the head with that analogy.

As far as Iran goes for supporting Hezbollah, they are scared to try and attack Israel themselves since they know that they would get wiped off the map.

The only way to solve this crisis is to make the region a religion free zone. I know that is next to impossible, but it can be done. I think we should educate all of them on how religion isn't the answer and let common sense set the conditions for living. A few thousand years of worthless religion hasn't done anything for them, so why not try something new?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran
First off all *, Iranians are not arabs. Second of all Israel already got punded back in 83 and hizbullah will do the same again so why should we go there when they are very well armed. Israel is scared to go to Lebanon and your already talking about those dirty rats getting 2,000km into Iran so they can "pound" us

When was Isreal pounded in 83. Hezzbolah is nothing without iranian support. And I doubt Isreal is scared of Lebonon.

If it smells like an arab it must be an arab.

Hey mehran why don't you go find a burning car to stand around with your tough arab brothers. Oh I'm sorry Persian brothers.

It's only a matter of time before you are in a bomb shelter, or hiding behind mammas dress.

[edited quote]
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Well at the moment all the british media are saying , that senior IDF officals are saying that it syria supplying weapons to hezbollah, but the missles are of iranian orgin

quote from the BBC news website

news.bbc.co.uk...

Most of these are Iranian-manufactured systems like the Fajr-3, with a 45-km range; the Fajr-5, with a range of some 75km; and the more potent Zelzal-2 with a range of up to 200km.

It would suite the agenda of bush and co if iran could be proved to be directly arming hezbollah, then folks they would be airstrikes and a mass troop build up prior to a ground invasion. but this wont happen untill israel has finshed wiping out hezbollah and hamas

then the US can fly more troops into iraq and more equipment to take out iran, under the pretence of iran funding terrisot's

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Mehran
Insulting others is such a fun way to improve the quality of discussion.

If iranian weapons are found in hezbollah hands, you can be pretty sure Iran will get attacked or sanctioned. And in my opinion it deserves the spanking. Syria is just a middleman and puppet these days, You can bet that Israel will continue from Lebanon to Syria... Iran will be dealt by US forces or Israelis using US Bases in Iraq as waypoints

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:59 AM
link   
we, the US, supply/sell countries weapons all of the time. in this case, you have a terrorists/freedom fighters (depending which side of the fence you are on) being supplied weapons. afgan and the soviet union is the first thing that came into my mind when i heard that iran supplied hezzbolah their missles. remember, we supplied weapons to the afgans that made it possible to shoot down soviet aircraft. if isreal were to attack iran, or even if sanctions were to be imposed on iran, then by the same logic, the soviet should have taken action/sanctions against the US. war is very complicated, ugly, and profitable...especially when you have other countries/groups doing your fighting.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by rockieboy]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mehran

Calling another ATS member "idiot" because you don't agree with them is not cool and I'm sure against the rules. I'm also sure a lot of people might feel similarly about someone that denies iranian involvement with terrorist organiazations in the ME. BTW, where did that C-802 missile that hit the Israeli warship come from now? And who helped launch it?

Last, interesting signature. Wasn't Darius the "great king" that had an army of some 250,000 soldiers when he faced Alexander's 40,000 men and ended up running for his life when he was out-generaled by Alexander and totally defeated? You know, history can have an odd way of repeating itself to those that will not learn its lessons.

[edited quote]

[edit on 7/17/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Northwolf,

In the situation that Israel and Lebanon are in at the moment, fuel Stations, bridges and roads are not legitimate military targets, on the contrary these attacks are a "blatant breach of international humanitarian law and amount to war crimes." (Amnesty International)

Israel are saying that they wish to aid the Lebanese government yet they are destroying their economy, will Israel help to fund reconstruction after the skirmish is over. Israel are once again being irresonsible.

I admit i cannot think of a better course of action than the one Israel has taken, maybe diplomacy, but that is long term, hopefully smarter people than me can solve the issue without so much loss of innocent life.

news.amnesty.org...

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Hezzbolah is nothing without iranian support.

It's only a matter of time before you are in a bomb shelter, or hiding behind mammas dress.

And Isreal would be Nothing if it wasn't for the support (both in funds and arms) of the USA... so what's your point ?

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Couldn't fuel stations. bridges and roads help supply hezzbolah with the weapons needed to fight isreal. If they are used then bomb them.

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by XyZeR

Hezzbolah is nothing without iranian support.

And Isreal would be Nothing if it wasn't for the support (both in funds and arms) of the USA... so what's your point ?

No point rrying to be made just a statement, Hezzbolah is nothing without Iranian support. Everyone knows the US is supplying Isreal, but why does Iran deny supplying hezzbolah. Maybe they are scared to get involved. Another case of an middle east nation talking tough and not doing anything. This would be the perfect time to destroy Isreal...if they could, but they can't. Maybe with a nuclear bomb but that is probally the only way. And that is why their "peaceful nuclear program " must be shut down.

[edit on 17-7-2006 by steve99]

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 08:19 AM
link   
A reminder of General ATS Discussion Etiquette

We realize these are intense and stressful topics for everyone, and passions/emotions will be running hot. But please, let's recognize we're all here just trying to learn more and understand. Keep your discussion civil and refrain from personal attacks.

Thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You are talking about the US suppling Isreal with arems, well heres something they just got from the US.
www.israeli-weapons.com...

*SNIP*

[edit on 18-7-2006 by steve99]

Mod Edit: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: You Have An Urgent U2U- Click Here.

Actually, you have more than one.

[edit on 18/7/2006 by Mirthful Me]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join