It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Attacks South Beirut

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   
With 18 dead and more wounded Israel takes and offensive stand against Lebanon head on. Israel had begun yet another offensive strike earlier this morning, from land and from air. The Israeli attacks were aimed at southern Lebanese city of Tyre, where supposedly guerrillas were launching missiles into Israel.

news.yahoo.com
BEIRUT, Lebanon - Israeli warplanes pounded Hezbollah's south Beirut stronghold and struck roads around the country Saturday, killing at least 18 Lebanese fleeing the onslaught. Hezbollah rockets continued to pour into
Israel, where officials warned citizens that Tel Aviv could be hit.
ADVERTISEMENT

More rockets struck the Sea of Galilee resort city of Tiberias, Israeli rescue services reported. There was no immediate word of injuries. An earlier barrage struck the city, the first time since the 1973 Mideast war that the city was hit. Residents were ordered into bomb shelters, and Israeli media reported that hundreds of tourists were fleeing the city.

The deadly barrages came as Israel charged that
Iran, the main sponsor of Hezbollah militants, has 100 troops in Lebanon providing Hezbollah key support — including helping fire a missile Friday that badly damaged an Israeli warship. Hezbollah denied it.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The attacks on Israel are still going on; fear is struck into many of the people living in main cities in Israel. The Israeli defenses regret civilian deaths for the Lebanese near the missile launch sites but show no care for the amount dead. From here on neither will back down and the battles will just continue. Israel was hit with over 75 rockets from the Lebanese border on Saturday and the offensive for Israel is becoming on both defensive.

Most likely the rockets being fired by the Lebanese forces and guerrillas are the ones used at Katyusha, it is Russian made and used at high potential, firing many rockets at one time. On the other side Israel using air runs and artillery fire across the border to attack known outposts and bases.

The attack earlier this morning was only targeted at a known guerrilla base used for rocket fire. The Israeli government is warning its inhabitants that there could be attacks on the city of Tel Aviv where almost 1.2 million people live. Israel is ready to stand up to any fire but quick to react.

As of now Israel will continue to topple Lebanon’s communications and connections to the world; hoping to severe any line of reinforcements or ways to get supplies. This event is slowly starving the Lebanese forces into giving up their offensive on Israel. As for Israel will take new steps to also attack all the main bases of the guerillas infantry and rocket sites, as of this morning the continuation is to take out all possible threats and civilian casualties will only grow.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com
www.veteranen.info

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hezbollah UAV Severely Damages Israeli Warship
Hezbollah Seize Israel Soldiers
Palestinians Support Kidnappings Of Israelis

[edit on 15-7-2006 by ragster]

[edit on 15-7-2006 by ragster]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Sad...Israel has become its own worst enemy. If somebody does not intervene (and it doesn't look like the Bush administration either....but what do you expect from a bunch of clueless ideologues?) this is going to escalate out of control....all over 3 soldiers. To take this to the people of Lebanon is damned foolishness.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Are you kidding? This isn't over 3 soldiers Grover, this is over 40+ years of terror attacks, tens of thousands of dead Israeli civillians, and finally taking actions.

Good for Israel, kick butt, slaughter the terrorists, if Bush can invade 2 countries after one attack Israel should be able to...(doing the math) invade 1,233,049 countries.

[edit on 15-7-2006 by Johnny Ohm]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Seeing as how this is a conspiracy site, can I play devil's advocate?

Could the presence of 160,000 US troops in the neighbourhood have anything to do with the current Israeli offensive? Furthermore, could it be part of a larger 'plan', the outcome of which is, as of yet, unclear?

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   
My thoughts for the last few days KhieuSamphan

Israel and the US were just not getting the support for attacks against Iran that they got last time around with Iraq. So, something else had to be done and how quickly fingers have started pointing to Iran and Syria from both the US and Israel.
This has nothing to do with the dubious "kidnapping" of 3 Israeli soldiers. The plans were already in place and troops forward deployed for a bigger offensive before the soldiers disappeared.

Just waiting to see now what get's attacked so that direct blame can be heaped upon Iran to instigate an attack against them. Perhaps with USN, Royal Navy and others sending ships to the area to evacuate nationals, one of these ships may be a target to kick things off. Perhaps an allegedly Iranian made missile fired from Lebanon

One thing is for sure, none of this is spontaneous.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Britguy
Perhaps with USN, Royal Navy and others sending ships to the area to evacuate nationals, one of these ships may be a target to kick things off.

Hmm...so I see. Interesting.

BBC

Defence Secretary Des Browne has given orders for HMS Illustrious and HMS Bulwark to "make ready" for operations off Lebanon.
The pair will depart as soon as necessary, possibly within 24 hours.

(Edit - Read reply incorrectly...doh!!!)

[edit on 15-7-2006 by KhieuSamphan]

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
.but what do you expect from a bunch of clueless ideologues?) this is going to escalate out of control....all over 3 soldiers. To take this to the people of Lebanon is damned foolishness.

This over more then 3 soldiers this is over decades of bs... The sodiers are just a flash point.

Lebanon should have tried more vigerously to kick out a terror group which has been attacking israel from lebanon.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
yeah yeah yeah I've heard it all before poor little Israel who has done nothing wrong and is only trying to protect itself is so terribly abused by those evil Palestinans.

Gag me with a southern baptist.

posted on Jul, 15 2006 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
yeah yeah yeah I've heard it all before poor little Israel who has done nothing wrong and is only trying to protect itself is so terribly abused by those evil Palestinans.

Gag me with a southern baptist.

No- its not poor little israel...

Its- Its about time Israel...

Not all the "evil palestinians" as you put it.. most probrably just want peace..

It the minority few who feel Israel should be pushed into the sea and won't stop attacking Israel...

Israel and Egypt made peace...

You like the taste of southern baptist?

And you know what I've heard it before too!

The poor palestinians who just want peace and prosperity, but can't seem to stop attacking their neighbor when they aren't too busy killing eachother. The poor palestinians who return to lands that Israel forcefully removes it's own people from in the name of peace and then get attacked by the palestinians who then wonder why israel come back and gets mad... Why Why Why?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I personally think the Israeli response is disproportionate to the offense. The Israelis need to withdraw & cease offensive operations in Lebanon now and Hezbollah needs to be removed from the Israeli border area. If the U.N. is to have any credibility in the area they need to insure the two stay separated. The loss of civilians in this current flareup is total nonsense for both sides. The Lebanese army, with U.N. help can take control of southern Lebanon away from Hezbollah, particularly now that they have been smacked so hard by the IDF.

This is an emergency situation warranting immediate U.N. action. Nothing can be gained by the occupation of southern Lebanon by Israel except the continued and perhaps increased animosity of Arabs in the area. They simply don't have enough troops to effectively deny access to terrorists who want to strike at Israel. Any real solution will of necessity require the cooperation of the Lebanese Army and probably the U.N.

Lebanon was once known as the Paris of the Mid-East and it could be again. The climate is benign and the Mediterranean Sea is inviting, but first this nonsense of hostilities must be brought to an end--permanently.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by Astronomer70]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:44 AM
link   
I agree, Israel must be quite confident doing those strikes with American troops not too far. I just hope i'm wrong but we are maybe looking at something bigger, I mean North korea, Iran ,this news and now almost every region of the world have been victim of "Al qeada terrorist" or plot. Is that it? we eradicate every muslim or non capitalist civs.?

Thats odd, simply. I wish every human beeing could live in peace. maybe its a religion fault but i think $$ is driving a few megalomaniacs on the edge.

[edit on 16-7-2006 by eagle eye]

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Right now i'm more focused on the possible future involvement of Syria, followed by Iran. Just look at these articles and see how closer that situation is coming!

Israel gives Syria 72 hour ultimatum.

Israeli Raid hits Lebanon-Syrian border

In Syrian capital, leaders openly show support for Hezbollah

Judging from these articles, i can only conclude that it's only a matter of time before the entire thing is suddenly expanded with a few countries more.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:04 AM
link   
Syrian and Iranian involvement is what Israel is pushing for. As soon as they get involved, even if attacked first by Israel, GWB will involve the US and Israel knows this.

We can only sit back and wait to see what the catalyst event will be to involve US forces.
Don't the US already have 3 carrier groups not too far away?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:30 AM
link   
My heart hurts for you people, those of you who seriously believe the 'hype'. When I read some of these posts, it saddens me beyond belief.

It's not so much the 'victims' that I cry for. Their purpose has been made. They will always be remembered for their heroism. They've come to realize that 'victim' is not who they are, nor what they want to be remembered for.

However, how are you going to feel when you find out (because you will find out, and it will be like a flash of lightening when it hits) the truth. I feel sorry for you, because you will live the rest of your days beating yourself up. Shame is the worst, of all punishments, to live with.

How do you feel about your purpose? Can you live with it?

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   
Don't try to old "Anti-Semitism" card, that's just insulting peoples intelligence and a worn out old tactic.
I condemn murder and oppression whoever is the perpetrator, irrespective of race and religion. There are murderers on both sides of this ongoing conflict but only one currently has a huge military capability to inflict mass carnage, and is doing so, on civilians and refuses to even negotiate a cease-fire. Add to that the blatant targeting of civilian infrastructure, roads, bridges, food supplies and grain silos and right there you have the definition of a terrorist state. Geneva conventions and international law be damned

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I refuse to argue with a 'child'. A 'child' hasn't matured to understand your point anyway.

I feel sorry for you. I don't hate you, I don't even dis-like you. I just feel bad for all the people who spend so much time and energy in finding the next conspiracy. They are so caught up in finding, finding, finding ("it's got to be here somewhere"), that they will believe anything that backs up 'conspiracy'.

You are so caught up in 'they are lying to us'. They are in it all for themselves. They are all about themselves. You are forgetting about yourself. You are the victim here. You are the one who is trying to prove your victimism.

You spend time and time and more time trying to find 'lies'. We're being lied to. He's lying to us. "Look I'll find it" It's here somewhere. I can prove it.

How about just listening to what is actually said, instead of spending so much time in what's not said.

I won't repeat who has said what, because that's not my point. My point is, wake up before you hate yourself for it. Just listen. Listen to what is said to you. Don't worry about what isn't said.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 05:59 AM
link   
"Just listen. Listen to what is said to you. Don't worry about what isn't said."

Isn't that the whole problem with the world today though? Move along citizen, nothing to see here, catch it all on the evening bulletin (brought to us courtesy of the faceless corporate boys who are under no obligation to even tell us the truth).

If none of us worry about what isn't said and stop digging for information and truth then we don't deserve to live and breath and must accept whatever fate our leaders have for us. We are therefore just cattle to be traded, slaughtered and controlled by the elite.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Well, Hizbollah has hit back and struck Haifa with powerful force.

Rockets fired by Hezbollah militants in Lebanon have killed at least nine people and wounded dozens of others in the coastal Israeli city of Haifa.

It is the worst attack on Israel since the clashes with Lebanon began.

Israeli jets have again hit targets in the south of Beirut as they continue a fifth day of air strikes, which have killed at least 100 Lebanese people

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now, back to the subject at hand. The heavy handed tatics by Israel have resulted in the Lebanon population, especially the Christians, to turn against Israel and even start supporting Hizbollah in what they are doing.

This conflict will only end or calm down if America supports a cease-fire (which is highly unlikely) and with Prime Minister Blair now saying that extremists "must be tackled" in that area...the gates of Hell are starting to shake.

Majority of the people killed in Lebanon, had no links to Hizbollah and were innocent people. Memories of what happened last time when Israel went into Lebanon are starting to come back.

IMHO, this conflict isn't going to end anytime soon. Its probably going to increase over the next few days.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
The formation of the Israeli state aborted the formation of a Palestianian state, and whole populations of Palestianians were forced in some cases violently off their land, land that had been theirs for 100's of years...these people have been forced into refugee camps and have been treated like 3rd class citizens. I backed Israel for years until I did some reading up on the history of this conflict...no more, the state Israel has become just as bad as those they condemn. The Palestianian people have more than ample grounds for fustration and outrage. Doesn't help that their leaders are just as arrogant and boneheaded as the Israelis. This is not anti-semitism. I don't give a flying leap about their religion or race...I am talking about injustice. And that little propaganda clip; "The truth" is a load of bullhooey, the real sources of racism is arrogance and ignorance.

For an excellent primer on the Arab/Israeli conflict I highly recommend "Holy War" by Historian of religion, Karen Armstrong...its subject is goes beyond the scope of that conflict but it does an excellent job nonetheless.

posted on Jul, 16 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Fine Grover, lets do a Instead of Countries X&Y it is Countries A&B

Instead of Israel being constantly bombed and having civillians killed on a weekly bases by terrorists, let's say it is Mexico and America.

"In the news a school bus was blown up by a terrorist suicide bomber in downtown Dallas killing 24 children and the bus driver."

"In the news several rockets were just fired into a night club in Los Angelas killing 31 and injuring more then 50 others."

"Today a gang of Mexicans crossed the border, raided a Texan Suburb where they killed more then 40 people, capturing several women and raping them before heading back into Mexico."

"Today a Mexican Terror Group has declared death to America and attacked Dallas Airport killing everyone on board a 757 Airliner after shooting it down with a rocket."

Now let's have this for 40 YEARS! Then finally America attacks Mexico after something that, according to you is minor, the kidnapping of troops.

So, what's the difference? Should America allow Mexico to brutally kill it's citizens or shoudl America fight back?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join