It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ft. Rucker Alabama and 9/11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Hi all.

I tried to find an onsite reference but I just wanted to let everyone know that around the date of July/August 2001 our local newspaper carried a story about Ft. Rucker Alabama (home of army aviation).

Long story short, the base was gearing up to have the base be closed to the public by October 2001. At the time (july/Aug 2001) Ft. Rucker was wide open, no guards at the gate.

Look at the dates, what falls in between?

This story was run in our local paper, the Daleville Sun-Courier around July August 2001. No online copy exists.

Does anyone else have any similar stories about bases getting ready to be closed to the public before 9/11?

posted on Oct, 29 2003 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What is the security of the base and what kind of activity is going on there, Black Helecoptors, lots of cars, Unusualy plane activity??

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 03:41 AM
link   
thats interesting. There isn't any online information whatsoever about this base and it's proceedures around this time? Hmmm. That is another interesting idea. To look at the activity of military bases around spetember 2001.

posted on Oct, 30 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Ft. Rucker is an Aviation Training Base. Primarily Army with some Air Force and Navy there as well as many foreign based pilots learning the helicopter ropes. Chinooks, apaches, blackhawks and UH-1 training with simulators.

They had been gearing up to make Ft. Rucker a closed base for October, 2001. This had been going on for about 6 months prior to 9/11 and the Newspaper (Daleville Sun-Courier) was reporting it.

Like I said, getting onto Ft. Rucker prior to 9/11 was as easy as driving right through it. As a matter of fact, I used to drive through the base on my way to other destinations, now its closed off.

My main thought was why were they planning to close off the base prior to 9/11.....the dates are suspicious.

new topics

top topics

join