It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No world war-bunch of hype

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Yeah there is more violence in the mid-east, what else is new? Dont buy into all the CNN (Clinton News Network for all the leftists) and Fox News (for all the right-wingers) hype. There will be no world war and i bet you $$ things are on the way to quieting down within the next day or so. Its barely making the news on the mnajor networks (ABC, CBS, NBC).

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I understand where you are coming from man especially in regards to CNN and Fox news....however, this is all over the newswires....REuters...AP....BBC....

Also....CBS, NBC, and ABC have learned that there arent ratings in news anymore so they stick to the local issues unless its really huge...Then they will pick it up but the realize that people watch thier news shows to get away from the CNN and Fox news style....they dont want the international they want the local....but thats just how it looks from my lil corner of the galaxy.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:41 PM
link   
How long can we keep on saying "It will all just blow over"? The fact that the region has been unstable for so long shouldn't be a comfort - it's ignorant to simply believe things will fix themselves. War may not kick off this time round, but who's to say what may happen next time?

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elsenorpompom
I understand where you are coming from man especially in regards to CNN and Fox news....however, this is all over the newswires....REuters...AP....BBC....

Also....CBS, NBC, and ABC have learned that there arent ratings in news anymore so they stick to the local issues unless its really huge...Then they will pick it up but the realize that people watch thier news shows to get away from the CNN and Fox news style....they dont want the international they want the local....but thats just how it looks from my lil corner of the galaxy.

I agree with that statement 100% MSNBC always seems to have detective shows or some report on, and ABC and CBS dont have cable news service, just nightly news which they can only go so far on. CNN BBC and FOX are the top networks for international news (in America). To say this is all going to blow over reminds me of the French and British before WWII trying their best to apease the Germans. Iranian forces attacked Isreal already from within Lebanon, this is blowing up already and wont calm down anytime soon.

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Seriously...the rest of the world (US included) is just letting Israel blow off some steam but be rest assured diplomacy will keep this thing from getting too far out of hand. Promise.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:12 AM
link   
since when do governments blow off steam by blowing stuff up and killing people?

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghaleon12
since when do governments blow off steam by blowing stuff up and killing people?

Fully agree, anyone who considers 55+ Lebanese civilians dead from rocket attacks by Israel as "blowing off steam" is just sick.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 06:53 AM
link   
When faced with the prospect of WW3 and hundreds of millions dead, i would say the current situation ammounts to blowing off steam. You will see serious diplomacy beginning in the next few days and this crisis will come to an end.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
When faced with the prospect of WW3 and hundreds of millions dead, i would say the current situation ammounts to blowing off steam. You will see serious diplomacy beginning in the next few days and this crisis will come to an end.

if it does, all we are going to see if a never ending circle. israel knows that. what israel and the islamic countries do to get away from that will be interesting.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Israel has stated they will crush Hezbollah, so i think thats there main aim?
Whats happened on the other side? hamas? seems to be very quiet now?

So i think if things dont escalate with other countries getting involved, Israel will do just that, crush Hezbollah as much as they can.
With all guerilla warfare, they will never exterminate all of them, impossible.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace

I appreciate what you are saying and agree to a point. But this action by Israel has hightened tension in the region to boiling point. All Israel has accomplished is the breeding of more terrorism in the region. We are talking about the taking prisoner of 2 soldiers, this could have been dealt with by deplomacy or the use of Israeli Special Forces to extract those boys out and back home with the minimum of fuss. Instead they decide to flex some muscle and take all ot Military action against a far weaker neighbor. With the knock on affect of pissing off many Muslim nations over there. Yes this will die down but i sense a storm coming, its only a matter of time before the Middle East erupts and Israel arnt helping matters.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
We can't lose sight of the fact that the anti-Israel antagonists in this situation have the openly stated goal of eliminating Israel entirely. Civilian deaths --- hell, any deaths --- are hugely tragic. But both Hamas and Hezbollah have declared war with Israel and then centered their operations in residential areas as a shield trotting out every civilian casualty, the younger the better, to demonize Israel. For its part, Israel warned Lebanon and dropped leaflets telling civilians to evacuate areas in southern Lebanon where Hezbollah is known to operate and store weapons.

Iran has stated repeatedly and openly that it wants Isreal eliminated while at the same time working to develop nuclear weapons. Hezbollah and Hamas have also openly stated the same goal. Syria and Iran both finance these groups. What is Israel supposed to do under these most severe of threats? Wait until Iran has nukes and then go at it? No one, this poster included, likes what is going on. But this situation isn't going to go away with diplomacy. As long as these nations and their affiliated groups call for the elimination of another country there will be an all-out war. Whether countries beyond the immediate antagonists get actively involved in the fight will be the big question. I believe that if the West stays out Russia and China will as well. Let's hope.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I've been told that war is imminent within 48 hours. That Israel are going all out this time around.

No I cant give details, and Im not stating this as fact OR that it is my point of view.
It was something I was told by an ex-fighter pilot who still has friends of rank in the armed forces.

Thats all I know as I am no expert in any of these matters.

But it will be interesting if he is correct about the information he's been told.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I believe Israle will contain this conflict to Lebanon and Lebanon only. Iran says it will eb all out war if Syria is attacked. this is just a subtle way of acting big and bad and saving face because they all know Israel will not go any further than Lebanon. hell, the Israeli's keep bombing the airport because they dont know what else to hit and because they are scared to take it to the Syrians and Iranians where it belongs. THIS is why WW3 is not gonna break out over this.

top topics

join