It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sounds eerily familiar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   
This is a report from 2000 from the Nixon Center think tank.

It talks about how, then in 2000, Hezbollah kidnappings could escalate into a regional conflict and ultimately the next arab-israeli war. At the time, Saddam was in power and was predicted to use the then-crisis to his advantage.

You could easily insert Iran into that position.

Remember, this was 6 years ago, and it seems to be playing out today to a T.

www.nixoncenter.org...

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   
interesting, but the situation is different now, because israel knows that giving in to terrorists wills like handing over prisoners will not work anymore, they will just keep doing it.

israel seem to be going for the juggular of this thing now, and do not want to talk anymore with these people.

it is interesting, but you have to remember that terror organisations in the middle east only have so many ways they can get at israel.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I don't know what else they can do.

They have tried giving up land, negotiating etc.

Still the Pal. kill their people and the news reports it as Israel murdering Palestinians.
They protect themselves from attacks and the news says they are attacking unprovoked.

They have missiles lobbed into their country and retaliate and the news says they are starting a war.

They have their citizens kidnapped and can't react because the UN says they are being aggressive.

They obviously can not win on a World Political front, so my guess is they are at the end of their rope and are not going to take it any more.

I don't blame them.

Semper

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Agreed Semper. Hezbollah uses residential neighborhoods to launch their rockets. Same for Hamas. I was listening to the news in Israel on shortwave and one of the legislators was saying that Hezbollah actually coerces Lebanese families to 'host' a rocket with a special room setup for launching it. And then when Israel strikes back at the source of the launches and civilians are killed Hezbollah (and Hamas) trot the casualties out for the news. It's a crappy situation for the people who do not support Hezbollah (or Hamas) and are caught-up in this mess. The big demand being made on the Israeli news was for the enforcement of UN Resolution 1559:

"Resolution 1559, passed in September 2004, called for the withdrawal of all foreign forces from Lebanon, the disbanding and disarmament of all militias, new presidential elections, and the extension of government authority throughout the country." - Gulf News 5/6/2006

new topics

top topics

join