It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh My God...My Dog Saved My Life Last Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Well, It's 530am EST here in Connecticut, And I think my dog saved my families life last night. Here's what happened.

Ok, It's around 2 in the AM and I was on the MtO server. My nose started to itch, my eyes started to water and there was a faint smell of burning plastic in the air. I logged off and went to investigate...Nothing, I checked everywhere, for anything that could be ablaze. Finding nothing I went back to my room.

Still though, there was a smell, it started now to burn my nose, my eyes they started to dry out. About a half hour later I hear my dog wimper at the door. I went out to the hallway, and nothing, but Chico(My Dog) was going nuts. I let him outside thinking he had to pee he went out for a minute and came back in.

I went back to my room and layed down. I thought by this time that the smell was in my head. As I lay in my bed, slowly drifting off to sleep, my dog came to my door for a third time. This time frantically scratching the door and yellping. I ran out to the hallway. I still could not find any thing.

My dog, while barking now, ran to his doggy bed. His doggy bed has a heating blanket on it. As I approched it the burning plastic smell grew stronger. I touched my hand to it and a puff of smoke rose up. I turned it over and a bigger puff of smoke filled the room. Not only did the heating pad catch fire, it also burn a hole through Chico's doggy bed, and chared the floor. There were glowing embers all over the place.

I was never one to believe that pets could save your life. It seemed to far-fetched for me. That they would know something like that was going on. But my dog saved my life last night. I still can't believe it.

mod edit:

ABOUT ATS: General ATS discussion etiquette (review link)
4) Most of all, do not use ALL CAPS in posts and thread titles.

[edit on 11-7-2006 by UK Wizard]

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
wow, that is amasing.

Animals have a sense of smell which is 100X stronger than ours.
Just count your lucky stars that you had your dog with you!

Oni x x

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   
You wouldn't believe how smart and intuitive animals are.

I think I even saw something where a cat pressed the speed dial button for 911 while it's owner was having a heart attack. i wish i could remember where I saw that.

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
But I was involved in another thread that kinda got off subject alittle to .... about animals and how we use to be able to maybe possibly communicate with them ... As well as communicate to each other without a particular language. Whether it be some sort of ability that we lost over time why we were all to busy trying to learn how to read and write or ... it was just something that we picked up living hand in hand with nature everyday ... Anyways here is the site .. pretty interesting stuff ... HERE IS THE LINK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

top topics

join