It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Korea suspends food aid to the north

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Well, this isnt going to be good for the impoversihed northen koreans..

news.bbc.co.uk...

i wonder what the norths reaction is going to be?...personally cant see them backing down in the slightest....

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
probably more to do with the fact that s korea are the only country that are threatened by n korea in reality. this is probably the main reason. forget japan and usa, those two are safe.

s korea know they are the only country under threat. i can understand the s koreans though, but like you say the north will just dig there heels in.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
Well, this isnt going to be good for the impoversihed northen koreans.. news.bbc.co.uk...

You're right.

Originally posted by optimus fett
i wonder what the norths reaction is going to be?...personally cant see them backing down in the slightest....

I can see this South Korean move being a temporary 'admonishment'....but who knows.

North Korea's reaction?

I think they won't get into a war of words with South Korea on this in case South Korea don't resume the aid.

But who knows.

[edit on 7-7-2006 by Regensturm]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i feel so sorry for the people of North Korea, but they are so brainwashed even if they all start starving to death, I don't know if they'd try to overthrow their "dear leader." However other countries simply have to stop propping up the Kim regime.

edit:

Anyway most of our food aid is given to the NK military, communist party officials, or sold on the black market. The regular people still starve either way.

[edit on 7/7/2006 by djohnsto77]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
This move was anticipated (I mean SK has to do something, right?) but it isn't good news. IMHO Lil Kim is spoiling for a fight and he is perpetually threatening the South. This could be his excuse. Frankly, we should undertake a massive campaign dropping hundreds-of-thousands of leaflets picturing life in SK and other affluent places in the world. One of the recent news stories on Lil Kim mentioned that he spends an average of $750,000 annually on cognac. What a guy.

top topics

join