It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea Demanding That Japan Halt Sanctions: Threatens"Stronger Action"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:42 PM
link   

TOKYO (Reuters) - North Korea demanded that Japan halt sanctions it has imposed in reaction to Pyongyang's missile launches, threatening "stronger action" if Tokyo continues with the measures, Kyodo news agency said on Friday.

"Japan is translating its criticism against us into action," the agency quoted Song Il-ho, North Korea's ambassador in charge of diplomatic normalization talks with Japan, as telling reporters in Pyongyang.

"This may force us to take stronger physical actions," as a response, he said. Asked what the steps may be, he said, "I leave that to your imagination," Kyodo reported.

North Korea Demands Japan Revoke Sanctions

Did anyone see this I just found it while looking at Yahoo News.

The way I see it, if the UNSC dosen't enforce sanctions on NK,

there isn't a chance in hell Japan will give up the few sanctions it can impose.

And according to this artical NK will use "stronger physical actions",

To make Japan end the sanctions.

I think things are about to take a turn for the worse,

What do you guy's think?

[edit on 6-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jul, 6 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
If he strike Japan with a nuke, he's gonna be nuked. Anyway, he don't have anything to lose or close to nothing so he could do it. He's gonna run out of money soon, so he can do anything... It's sounds very bad.

[edit on 6-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Look at the bigger picture. This is vintage "Crazy Kim" he is clearly insane and a megalomaniac. As I said before this is toddler psychology 101. Im not gettin what I want so I will have a tantrum. In the past they have worked so he keeps going back to it. But then again most toddlers are not nuclear equiped either

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Here is another link with much more information on the current situation.

Japan now says that sanctions it imposed will remain in effect for atleast six

months.

North Korea Demands Japan Revoke Sanctions

[edit on 7-7-2006 by digitalassassin]

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Does North Korea suddenly think it's a world power because of its frontline news and a few nukes...

They are condescending on all of the world powers...it's beginning to annoy me more and more.

Just thought I'd say that...

Isn't Japan more than capable of annihilating North Korea? If so, why are they threatening all of these "unimaginable" consequences...

Let's hope they don't tempt Japan too far now...or maybe we should let them.

top topics

join