It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House battles to hide the truth of 9-11

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Administration Faces Supoenas From 9/11 Panel

MADISON, N.J., Oct. 25 � The chairman of the federal commission investigating the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks said that the White House was continuing to withhold several highly classified intelligence documents from the panel and that he was prepared to subpoena the documents if they were not turned over within weeks....

While Mr. Kean said he was barred by an agreement with the White House from describing the Oval Office documents at issue in any detail � he said the White House was "quite nervous" about any public hint at their contents � other commission officials said they included the detailed daily intelligence reports that were provided to Mr. Bush in the weeks leading up to Sept. 11. The reports are known within the White House as the Presidential Daily Briefing.

news.yahoo.com.../nyt/20031025/ts_nyt/administrationfacessupoenasfrom911panel&printer=1

You know why their trying to hide them. To prevent ANOTHER case for impeachment and maybe criminal proceedings afterwards.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Its typical of what repugnants do time and time again. Hell, most of the administration have criminal backgrounds.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I hope they do something drastic that really puts them under scritiny and suspicion. God, if it could even leak out about US govornment complicity in this #, this admin could very well be very much toast.

And that would make me VERY happy.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, the CIA wants blood....bad. I watched the Seante hearings last night where former CIA analysts demanded that somebody's head roll (and they were both Dem AND republican analysts).

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Did it occur to anyone that intelligence reports are classified for a reason?????
The vetting of these has to be done to decide if anymore LEAKS will occur...lol.

Maybe, just maybe, some real info that may lead to dead terrorists (hopefuly) is within these docs.?

...oops, it has to be evil republicans wanting the ruination of America! I almost forgot.....
Did it also occur to anyone that administrations are not made up of one single party???

Some here must not work or sleep much outside of turning over rocks looking for demon republicans ....

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Tyriffic: the bushies have been trying to block 9-11 investigations from day one. They are not willing to help this investigation. If they this Kean guy asked Dubya what color was his toilet paper he'd reply, that's classified. The fact is the american people and the family of the vicitums of 9-11 want to know what they knew before the attacks. Especially, the Aug. 6th briefing...I'm sure that is the one in question.

I'm not one saying that the Bushies were involved, but they are acting like they have something to hide. They keep lying. They lied about not knowing terrorist were plotting to use american airplanes as weapons. The fake Bin Laden confession!!! He has denied involvement and continues to deny it...he has never denied any of his prior attacks...the fake tape of the confession is the most damning evidence pointing to the Bushies are hiding something. They wouldn't keep lying and fighting an all out investigation if they weren't.

It's taken two years to even get this far, and they are still fighting it. If they don't have anything to hide why don't they cooperate?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Somewhat fair.
I would challenge your characterizing of LYING though as a cover word for due process. INtel is not a simple business, especially in a election year with the politics coming into play----------

Yes, we had vague intel on the use of aircraft use....they (intel community) also stated we had no clue or MEANS at the time to prevent or prepare for such a strategy used against us.

I just think we are looking too hard for the wrong enemy here instead of being together against the ones who DID fly the darn planes into those souls. Some would and rightly so, find fault in any human handling of such a event. I will not dispute this at all. But to vilify constantly a administration handling the biggest crisis to ever befall this country (without a practice run!!) is self defeating to the defense of this country.

If malfeasance is found- kick the bums out! Put them in jail. I'm with you there. But saying deliberate actions to harm or let harm come to Americans was intentional has not been close to meeting a proof.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
I'm with you there. But saying deliberate actions to harm or let harm come to Americans was intentional has not been close to meeting a proof.

That's because they hiding the papers that show the proof, hence the threat of subpeona. DUHHHHHHH.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I think the airplane thing was an outright lie. Do you think they really didn't know that there were signs pointing to this type of attack? I mean, even if the connection wasn't made before 9-11 it had to be made after. All they had to say was there were hints toward the situation. Instead they tried to totally cover it up. The whole crew told the same lie. I think it started with Condie Rice and once she said it--it became a motto. When they got caught they didn't even change it. Sorry, we are not that dumb no matter what some folk at ats believe.

The Bushies are trying to protect themselves from public outrage. Just like with this Senate investigation into the Iraq War intel. They are trying to hide things from the public that doesn't look favorable.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
The day this man gets busted for his crimes I'm gonna have a party and get stinking drunk.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
of course the govt is hiding alot of stuff about 9/11.......look at alll the stuff that was hiden about the OK bombing.......if we just gave the govt to the dumocrates...none of us would have any $$ to pay for our ISP's.......

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
Its typical of what repugnants do time and time again. Hell, most of the administration have criminal backgrounds.

Well, we *know* that Bush has a criminal background...Why else would he Pardon Himself (!) once he squatted in the Oval Office?

Originally posted by Saphronia
Tyriffic: the bushies have been trying to block 9-11 investigations from day one. They are not willing to help this investigation.

Well, an early indicator of this is *before* Bush actually got appointed into Office, he kept blocking background investigations as much as possible until the Supremem Court actually put him in Office...Then the truth actually started coming out about his shady life.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel

Colonel, while I admire your tenacious mindset, you aren't doing anyone favors by considering this to be a democrat/republican issue. As a matter of fact, you cloudy the water with these partisan arguments.

Simply put, both parties are known to use the same tactics.

Tyriffic: The government (and in particular, the administration in power) has to know that many many many people feel that 9/11 was not how it was described in the press and by the admin dept. You would think they would want the truth to come out and exonerate them. ha.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't know what you're talking about but right wingers are vile people. They use every evil tactic known to bring forth their agenda.

Screw civil discourse. Dems tried to do it that way but this was taken as a sign of weakness by the repugnants and they trounced Dems (Dems aren't patriotic, Dems are traitors, etc) . So no more!

Their ilk are mindless zealots that are ruining this country. And, if you can't see that. Well, I don't know where you're living but you must not live in the US.

[Edited on 27-10-2003 by Colonel]

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tyriffic
Did it occur to anyone that intelligence reports are classified for a reason?????
The vetting of these has to be done to decide if anymore LEAKS will occur...lol.

Maybe, just maybe, some real info that may lead to dead terrorists (hopefuly) is within these docs.?

...oops, it has to be evil republicans wanting the ruination of America! I almost forgot.....
Did it also occur to anyone that administrations are not made up of one single party???

Some here must not work or sleep much outside of turning over rocks looking for demon republicans ....

Knee-jerk response to your feeling of agitation against Colonel shouldn't obscure your dispassionate view of this subject.
A briefing of the sort being discussed and stonewalled against seeing the light of day is fresh bread............are you making a sandwich with bread from August of 2001!?!
These briefing are based on dynamic intel - Sheik Mafoous Al-Kazeer is not a tree, he's not in the same place as 2001, the cafe we had intel on then has already been raided, the cave has already been scoured.
Whether it is politically motivated ( unlikely) or not, is of zero concern. That this whole onion has not been pulled back layer by layer to any marked degree, a full two years past, should be ample evidence of a coverup, just on a logical timeline assumption.
I also don't buy the defense that the intel was out there: there were briefings on exactly the topic of planes as weapons going back to 1998. That's why Hart/Rudman and the Gore commission wanted the airline saftey measures that they strongly recommended. There was intel on flight lessons AND there was a long standing policy of action from the FAA & NDS.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   

by: Colonel
I don't know what you're talking about but right wingers are vile people.

Not all right wingers are vile and not all leftwingers are vile. Identifying this as a left/right wing issue causes people to take sides based on their idealogy and not true justice.

Have Democrats covered up and stalled justice? The answer is of course yes.

new topics

top topics

join