It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim Britain split over 'martyrs' of 7/7

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I have just seen a news report on a supposed poll involving 1,100 of the present one million Muslims in Britain. I was quite shocked at the statistics, as below:

more than one in ten thinks that the men who carried out the London bombings of 7/7 should be regarded as “martyrs”. Sixteen per cent of British Muslims

It found that half of Muslims believe that Britain’s involvement in the Iraq war was the principal reason for the London bombings. An equal number (49 per cent) believe that further suicide bombings in the UK are likely.

Among the population as a whole nearly four in five (78 per cent) think a further attack is likely.

13% of British Muslims think that the four men who carried out the London Tube and bus bombings of July 7 2005 should be regarded as “martyrs”

7% agree that suicide attacks on civilians in the UK can be justified in some circumstances, rising to 16 per cent for a military target

Quite shocking I think many will agree. I would like to state however that before this sounds like another 'swipe' thread, there are also many less 'aggressive' posts, as below:

50% think the intelligence services have the right to infiltrate Muslim organisations to gather information about their activities and the way they obtain funding

Now i'm more than aware many, if not the majority of these would oppose this, obviously many have nothing at all to hide and i'm sure the majority of the other 50% are just like 'us'.

35% say that they would feel proud if a close family member joined the police

More than nine out of ten Muslims (92 per cent) say their community makes a valuable contribution to British society.

But the poll also revealed a stark gulf between this group and the majority of British Muslims, who want the Government to take tougher measures against extremists within their community.

More than half (56 per cent) believe that the Government has failed to combat extremism, a higher proportion than the 49 per cent of the general population who agree.

I'm interested to see what others think on these results?

Link: www.timesonline.co.uk...
Also ITN news agency.

posted on Jul, 3 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   
and let me guess they carried out this survey nation wide?
and the muslims in question who answerd these questions what age range where they?

nothing persoanle i find these survey a farse scince they dont reprisent what almost the entire majority of us muslims think just a hand full

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:26 PM
link   
IT MAKES ME SO MAD !!!!!!!

I live in the England and I DO NOT agree with us going to war in Iraq, but classing the 7th July bombers as MARTYRS is WRONG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These people have killed LOTS of normal people White , Black , Asian and Muslim and they dont care about who they KILL

I do believe that England will have to suffer more bombings in the future and all they will do is hurt NORMAL people who also believe the war in Iraq is NOT a war we should be involved in !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I cant carry on righting because it makes me so ANGRY and I will say something I should not!!!! Basically the bombers are NOT martyrs they are just KILLERS and they are NOT placing these bombs for any form of religious reason they are doing it cuz they want to cause as much hart and pain to EVERYONE in England

THEY ARE SCUM !!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING LESS THAN STUPID SCUM !!!!!!!!

and the muslims in question who answerd these questions what age range where they?

nothing persoanle i find these survey a farse scince they dont reprisent what almost the entire majority of us muslims think just a hand full

BODRUL You are 100% correct mate these results only show a hand full of our Muslim community!!!!!! I am friends with MANY Asian and Muslim people and the people I know DO NOT think this!!!!! and I know about 98% of Muslims in England do not think this ( I hope )

ALEX

(mod edit-Please mind the mouth)

[edit on 4-7-2006 by asala]

[edit on 4/7/06, by alex1981]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Anyway, they should be class as nothing, because it's the MI6 that did the london bombing and not the martyrs... Anyway.

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Anyway, they should be class as nothing, because it's the MI6 that did the london bombing and not the martyrs... Anyway.

WHAT ????????????????????

What on earth are you talking about ???????????????? MI6 did not do the bombings !!!!!!!!!!!!!
COME ON mate wake up.

OK .....

im realy to hear what you have to say !!

WHY did MI6 do the bombings then ??? COME ON PLEASE TELL ME !!!!
Im sure we all would like to know what you are dieing to say !!!!

COME ON THEN lets hear it !!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   
To push their agenda? To push anti-terrorism laws? To push police state? To do what they are doing now? Being the most police state country in the world. And the bresilian they killed witnessed what the MI6 did, putting bombs in the metro, so that's why they killed him. Anyway, don't believe me, look for yourself!

[edit on 4-7-2006 by Vitchilo]

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 09:58 PM
link   

To push their agenda? To push anti-terrorism laws? To push police state? To do what they are doing now? Being the most police state country in the world.

Thanks for answering me, I DO AGREE with some of what you said 100000000% yes England is becoming a NANNY STATE as mush as it makes me SAD to admit it yes, it is true !!!!!!!!

I just can't get my head round MI6 / MI5 placing the bombs I jus't cant see it!!!
BUT I DO agree with SOME of what you said !!!!!! and it was WELL SAID !!!!!!!

But I think it is time to hear what other memebers on ATS think of what you said mate !!!

Alex

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Thanks. They (NWO/Bush Co./Fascists) did 9/11 why wouldn't they do London Bombings? It's even easier. Study the case, or look here, look for yourself, there is a LOT of things that are VERY suspicious!

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hi mate i DO also agree with you about the 9/11 plane crashing and bombings its a shame i cant show you something i have a pic of the WTC as the plane hit and it CLERLY shows 2 bombs blowing out center struts and windows in wither sides of the buildings i will try to fond the web site I got this pic off and I will give you the address cuz i KNOW you will like it !!!!!

I will do more research on the 7th July Bombings working the angle of our Government doing the bombings BUT I dont think it will find angthing yo support this????? But I will NOT dismiss your views yet i do look in to it mate and ill let you know what i find !!!

take care mate

Lataz

Alex

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Thanks. They (NWO/Bush Co./Fascists) did 9/11 why wouldn't they do London Bombings? It's even easier. Study the case, or look here, look for yourself, there is a LOT of things that are VERY suspicious!

OK i foulnd it !!!!!!!!!

go to this address and copy the pic, zoom in to the pic and look at the red markings and then tell me what you think mate !!!

img396.imageshack.us...

The pic is at this address mate

Lat me know Vitchilo !!!!

Lataz

Alex

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thanks! Is it proved that it's not a fake? Anyway, thanks and it's confirm that the thermite was inside. You saw the thermite proofs? Thermite are explosives... they put them before in july I think. In july, 2 floors were closed from anyone. This is when they placed the explosives...

posted on Jul, 4 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ok we will see,

ill let you know what i find out and if I think you are right ???

lataz

Alex

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

According to the polling company they interviewed 1,131 Muslim adults aged 18+.
2006_07_04_Times_ITV.htm

There are other polls which show similar results so I'm not sure why you have so much trouble beleiving them.

Telegraph YouGov poll July 2005

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
One issue with the survey is that it was a 'phone / internet survey so was using slanted methodology from the start.

I'd be very careful of the percentages they quote but it does seem to show a degree of dislocation between British society and British muslims - particularly the young.

A deeply worrying aspect (to me) was Blair's refusal to even contemplate a restriction of faith schools after 7/7. We live in a secular nation that largely dismisses religion as irrelevant, divisive and dangerous and yet our happy-clappy PM seems hell-bent on encouraging these dangerous forces.

One example
Have we restricted the importation of Imams from Pakistan etc who seek to apply their view of basic village sharia 'law' as practised at home in a modern pluralistic society such as the UK? No of course not!
Yet at the same time the Govt states that more Engllish should be used in mosques.

Left hand, right hand?

posted on Jul, 5 2006 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by alex1981
BODRUL You are 100% correct mate these results only show a hand full of our Muslim community!!!!!! I am friends with MANY Asian and Muslim people and the people I know DO NOT think this!!!!! and I know about 98% of Muslims in England do not think this ( I hope )

ALEX

the small minority that agree with the bombings are those that have been influenced by the actions britain has taken by following the US into a war zone and in the process be responsible for the deaths of thousends of muslims

also on this the first muslim serving under the british flag died a few days ago in afgan,

AceOfBase
sorry for not replying to yours earlier (on ignnore list)

those were conducted by teliphone and means in which anyone can phone up and claim to be muslim and chat a whole lot of breaze to push there agenda knowing what they say can influance what a minority in britain would think.

unless someone conducts a servay where they are speaking face to face with a muslim and getting the info in which it would be less flowed these surveys dont mean jack all

[edit on 5-7-2006 by bodrul]

posted on Jul, 9 2006 @ 07:01 AM
link   
well there just gonna have to deal with it until the goverment stops thinking that all muslims are terrorist

posted on Jul, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I tend to agree with bodul.

This survey is far too small, for starters. I find that surveys of such a nature are really not worth much. For example, it can really affect a survey if you only do it within one region or area.

I really dont think it means anything, to be honest.

If they conducted a survey involving say 100,000 Muslims, then Id actually pay attention.

top topics

join