It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you have been to Roswell?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I wish I could have made this a poll, but that feature has been disabled again...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, have you ever been to Roswell. I have a few times. I even stopped at the UFO museum. The town is a little weird now. Everywhere you go, you will see something with the stereotypical alien in a window or being part of the name of the stores and so forth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To just add a little something to this, when I went there the first time, TV and radio was going crazy about the government claiming that they were just testing aircraft. The reason this was so weird, when I was within 30 miles of Roswell, this all started up. Probably just luck that had happened.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Yes, I have been and went to the museum as well.

1997 I believe.

It was a bit odd then too I might add.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yeah. When I went there I just didn't like the fact that the town is crazy for aliens. Everywhere you go, there is something you can buy doing with aliens. It was so weird it is hard to explain.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Yes, i believe the word is surreal...and then also opportunistic comes to mind as well.

BUT, I enjoyed walking thru the museum. It was pretty cheesy, but there were a few things there interesting enough to say I'm glad I went in.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I went there in 2000

The thought I had was a town trying to cash in on it's major event. But you can't blame them for it.

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
What do you expect? It is a great way to support the economy of the town. Tourism is a great industry.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I went there in the fall of 1997 when a few buddies and myself were driving cross country from NY to California after graduating college.

We only stayed for 1 day/1 night, but did go to the museum. It was cool to have been there (especially the museum, which was interesting, though not terribly informative because I had researched the subject for years prior to that visit), but all-in-all I guess I was expecting something a little more 'eerie'. As it was, it was a town not dissimilar to many other tourist towns.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Have driven thru the area a few times...and it is most surely a surreal area....like something is different. Stayed in a town called Tonapah for a week....the local people were very helpful but somehow stand-offish in a way I cant really describe, like they did not want to get involved with an outsider.

top topics

join