It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Book Concept, Should I pursue it?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Ok tell me what you think of this concept for a novel Im thinkng about writing.

Backround
Its a science fiction novel set in the year ~2099. In the last couple of decades in the book, america has become a nation of white supremacists, and are imprisoning and killing all non-whites. The government is a kind of elected dictatorship and the KKK is now Americas army, police etc

Plot
Gus, a blackman is a refugee living in mexico. The KKK then launch a suprise attack on mexico, to expand their White America. They attack Gus and capture him. He is separated from his family and sent to a kind of KKK prison. There he discovers a horrible truth, the KKK soldiers all used to be of different races, but they were brainwashed, had their skin ripped off and given gene altering serums, making them unfeeling super soldiers. So Gus undergoes the brainwashing, skin mutilation and becomes a supersoldier himself. He struggles with his identity and on his first raid to the south to capture more people for the prison, he cracks destroys his KKK unit and vows to stop the oppression. The End

Well what you think? Should I start writing the book?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
sounds pretty cool idea.
But you cant stop when he over throws just ihs first unit.
Would be cool if some how it could be like a triliogy or something.
THen you could tell the whole thing from his birth to death.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
That sounds interesting. I like dystopian fantasies.

Go for it!

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 02:08 AM
link   
I am mildly familiar with a title that sounds a lot like what you described. I'm not sure you could get it published by a mainstream outlet.

posted on Jul, 31 2006 @ 03:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vegemite
Ok tell me what you think of this concept for a novel Im thinkng about writing.

Backround
Its a science fiction novel set in the year ~2099. In the last couple of decades in the book, america has become a nation of white supremacists, and are imprisoning and killing all non-whites. The government is a kind of elected dictatorship and the KKK is now Americas army, police etc

Vegemite -

It depends on the purpose of your book. If you're doing it for fun and love, go wild and write, write, write. When you're finished, force copies on to your family and friends and be bask in your accomplishment. It is quite something to say you've written a story/book/novel.

If you are writing with the intent to publish. RESEARCH. Check your market, your concept, your themes, go to the library and read up about publishing. Learn to write summaries, outlines and query letters. You are going to need to, if you want to get your novel sold. Publishing is an industry and if you want to be taken seriously you have to learn as much as possible. Oh and beware of any 'agent' who says you have to pay in order to get published. Vanity publishing - look it up on google.

If you want to write but are not interested in option 2, you may want to think about POD (publishing on demand) - where you can print a few copies for yourself, friends and family and not for distribution in the market via bookstores and online. There are some reputable PODs (not to be confused with vanity presses) who will provide this service and not rip you off.

Again it all depends on what you want.
Sounds like an interesting concept, but ultimately it is what you make of it. Good luck with the writing! Oh, and don't let anyone tell you you can't do it.

[edit on 31-7-2006 by nikelbee]

join