It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Air Strike and Troop Movement In Gaza Right Now!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
I am surprised they did not just blow them apart. They could have done it quite easily.

That was hillarious

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:04 PM
link   
You guys are such negative nancies, Israel and Palestinians have been fighting with eachother for like 40 years. And you guys are saying this might start a WW3. Other countries do not CARE enough to get fully involved minus some Islamic states. The US will not attack Iran for Israel, that may be an excuse. World powers may assist their puppet states, but you won't see America send Israel anything out in the open. The only way WW3 will happen is because of ECONOMICS AND OIL.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:15 PM
link   
retinoid, normally most would agree that this is just another episode in an ongoing struggle between the two states. However, when Israel sends warplanes over the President of Syria's home, the game changes a bit. Syria claims to have fired on the planes. This isn't a rocket into a terrorist safehouse.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Hey what you think F-16's have some kind of forcefield around them?

Two generals were in Moscow on the same day, September 26: the head of Israel’s National Security Council Maj.-Gen (Res.) Giora Eiland and the Syrian chief of staff General Ali Habib. Both also called on the Russian chief of staff, Gen. Yuri Baluyevski. The Syrian general came out of his meeting with a brilliant contract for the sale of the advanced Iskander SS-26 surface missile. The Israeli general ran into a blank wall when he tried to persuade the Russian to withhold the missile from the Assad regime. Last January, when the deal was first broached, the Bush administration stepped in and obtained a promise from president Vladimir Putin to call off the sale, as did Israel’s Ariel Sharon during the Russian president’s visit in May.

Putin has broken those pledges.

DEBKA-Net-Weekly 224 revealed in its detailed report on September 30 -

For a speedy delivery in the first quarter of 2006, the Syrians paid cash.

The value of the transaction is unknown but it certainly runs into hundreds of million dollars, given that Syria has purchased 26 of the most advanced missile of its kind in use anywhere in the world.

The United States and NATO have code-named the Iskander SS-26 “Stone.” They have nothing in their missile arsenal to match its unique attributes.

With a 400-km range and a 480-kilo warhead composed of 54 elements, the missile hits a target within a 20-meter radius. Two missiles with a range of 280km are mounted on each launch pad. The system can be used against small and large targets alike, easily overcoming air defenses. It is almost impossible for existing electronic weapons systems to prevent the Iskander’s launch because of its speed and high flexibility. Its targets are found in mid-flight by satellites, accompanying airplanes, conventional intelligence centers or a lone soldier directing artillery fire. Targets may also be found by feeding photos into the missile’s computer by means of a scanner.

The self-direction device functions even in fog, darkness or storms. The name Iskander is Alexander (the Great) in the Turkoman language. Weighing 3,800 kilos it is operated by a crew of three. It comes in two versions: the 500-kilo version provided the Russian Army and the 280-kilo missile sold to Syria.

So impressive is the Russian “Stone”, that in 2004, the Americans sought to include it in various treaties signed with Russia for precluding the manufacture and sale of certain weapons. Moscow balked. A Western missile expert says: “Even a small quantity of these missiles is capable of radically changing the balance of strength in local conflicts.” It is a strategic weapon for countries with a small area like Syria.

Nine months ago, on January 12, 2005, Moscow “leaked” the news of a big new arms deal with Syria that included the following missiles: the Iskander SS-26, SA-10 Grumble ground-to-air, and SA-18 Grouse (Igla 9K38) shoulder-launched anti-air missiles capable of hitting objects at an altitude of 3,600 meters and range of 5,200 meters.

Source
Those jets could have been parts scattered over the land. Obviously the Syrian president does not want to start a regional conflict, contrary to the intentions of the Israeli Air Force.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:44 PM
link   
If syria sat by and did nothing as yehudi war jets plowed all the way up to their capital, they deserve to get bombed.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
If syria sat by and did nothing as yehudi war jets plowed all the way up to their capital, they deserve to get bombed.

Arrgh...If I hear that word "Yehudi" one more time, I'm going to go mad!

Why give them a "special" name? They're Israeli. They come from Israel. It just seems that your painting them to be something more by giving them some sort of special moniker..

Sorry, I'm not trying to be anal about it, but I just don't understand why you can't call a spade a spade.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePieMaN

Originally posted by ZMax
Let me ask you then something...Did you know that since Israel left Gaza Strip some 7 months ago the peaceful palestinian population of Gaza has launched more than 1200 Qassams or mortar shells and 3 grad rockets (Katyusha for you) at guess what civilan populated areas? (isn't this a war crime...oh but only when the israelis hurt civilians without intention)

Peaceful population? So you are trying to say that ALL Palestinians are firing these rockets? Perhaps the pregnant palestinian woman killed the other day and the 5 and 8 year old were loading the launchers? Its not the Population firing anything.

I hope I'm wrong, pieman, but sometimes your posts resemble your avatar more than is reasonable!

Are the Israelis loading the launchers?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by krossfyter

Originally posted by i4cu2
So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

move them next to Texas.

I vote north or south dakota. Somewhere where there's not too many people. Let them make it their own country, problem solved. Their protected by their big pal the USA.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy

So if the answer is to move the israelis out, which country would you move them next to?

move them next to Texas.

I vote north or south dakota. Somewhere where there's not too many people. Let them make it their own country, problem solved. Their protected by their big pal the USA.

could nd or sd hold them?

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Looks like things are moving pretty quickly....CNN is breaking this now "Israeli troops arrest Hamas Labor Minister Mohammad al-Barghouti in Ramallah, Palestinian sources told CNN."

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SFRemmy

move them next to Texas.

could nd or sd hold them?

Well unless my geography is that bad, they're FAR larger than Israel, and it holds all it's people.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Did anyone hear the reports that Syria fired back?

hmmm, things are getting worrying now.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MajesticJax

Once again - OH. CRAP.

Im with you this could be opening pandora's box

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiousity
I hope I'm wrong, pieman, but sometimes your posts resemble your avatar more than is reasonable!

Are the Israelis loading the launchers?

Being that its compulsory to join the army in Israel..maybe so. Your little jab at a picture doesn't affect me in the least. You are entitled to your opinion and I know in as much as you'd like it to be one uniform opinion in the United States, so far you and your kind have yet to succeed. Keep trying though.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Looks like things are moving pretty quickly....CNN is breaking this now "Israeli troops arrest Hamas Labor Minister Mohammad al-Barghouti in Ramallah, Palestinian sources told CNN."

The same CNN that reported the NBC strike on Israel and nearly started WW3?

Nothing about this or Syria firing back on the BBC.

There was however this report

The Palestinian PM, Ismail Haniya, has accused the US of backing an Israeli military incursion into Gaza.
Mr Haniya said Washington had "given the green light to aggression" and called on the United Nations to step in to prevent an escalation in violence.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A spokesman for US President George W Bush has said Israel has a right to defend itself and the lives of its citizens.

I didn't know that the kidnapping of an Israeli was the same as attacking Israel. I also didn't know that offensively moving forces into Gaza Strip was a defensive move.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semiazas
news.bbc.co.uk...

A spokesman for US President George W Bush has said Israel has a right to defend itself and the lives of its citizens.

I didn't know that the kidnapping of an Israeli was the same as attacking Israel. I also didn't know that offensively moving forces into Gaza Strip was a defensive move.

Ahhh, Orwellian double speak, you know

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Semiazas
news.bbc.co.uk...

I would hope that my country would do the same for me, but believe me friend; this has NOTHING to do with the kidnapped soldier.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graystar
Sorry but I wont stop untill i see the cloud over islam land and its lies their children are no better they are beter off dead if that s to hard to hear then have me thrown off the site!!!

You sir are a coward. I shouldn't even call you sir...

Nukes? Do you plan on having the world end tomorrow? The destructive power of the nuclear arsenal of today is hundreds maybe thousands of times more powerful than that of Hiroshima. I hope you take back what you said. A nuke attack will definately not solve any of our problems.

TPL

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It seems the situation is accelerating, i wonder when someone will hit the brakes.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join