It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange object dropped from the sky in Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I apologize if I am not on the most suitable forum. But I was not sure as to where to post this.

An unknown object has dropped from the sky in a remote village of Tsurma, Kiyawa local government area of Jigawa State. The object labelled "Adolphus 12" carried the French national flag that was covered with an 8 inch polytene bag attached with electronic gadgets, telephone numbers of France and Benin Republic.

The object also has an antenna, four aerial wires, and a transmitter that looks like a satellite transmission mechanism.
Source:

They were unable to determine if it was an espionage object but insisted it was not a destructive and dangerous element.

We never know what the sky can bring us.

I was wondering if it could be part of a satellite, as it has been said that a few may fall in the next months or years...

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ptolomeo
I apologize if I am not on the most suitable forum. But I was not sure as to where to post this.

An unknown object has dropped from the sky in a remote village of Tsurma, Kiyawa local government area of Jigawa State. The object labelled "Adolphus 12" carried the French national flag that was covered with an 8 inch polytene bag attached with electronic gadgets, telephone numbers of France and Benin Republic.

The object also has an antenna, four aerial wires, and a transmitter that looks like a satellite transmission mechanism.
Source:

They were unable to determine if it was an espionage object but insisted it was not a destructive and dangerous element.

We never know what the sky can bring us.

I was wondering if it could be part of a satellite, as it has been said that a few may fall in the next months or years...
Dropped of the back of a lorry... I mean Plane.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by planeman]

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I don't see a poly-anything bag (plastic) entering earth's atmosphere without burning up. This had to come from a weather balloon or an aircraft of some sort.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
THe article also states this:

Source
The eyewitness account stated that the object which appeared to be remote controlled from an unknown centre attempted to take off again before it was tied down by the villagers who subsequently alerted the Emir of Dutse, Alhaji Muhammadu Nuhu Sanusi.

Vanguard reports that the object that was about the size of a 2,000-litre water tank has an inscription that says "whoever finds it should call the numbers attached, this is not dangerous, and it is a scientific experiment."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

which appeared to be remote controlled from an unknown centre
Interesting, sounds like some sort of UAV...

[edit on 6-27-2006 by Zion Mainframe]

top topics

join