It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran's supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei rejects talks with USA. Duck and cover Iran…

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The main point everyone is dancing around is where to next?
The iranians, and there president went on and on and on about diplomatic crap, about avoiding hositilies, and its the americans driving towards conflict rah rah rah,

we finally stepped up to the plate, said we would join talks,
then the ultimate head of heads for iran has just done a complete 360 and said nah
bug'r you america.

Has the iranian leadership decided that they are prepared to die, in order to tackle america? Are they going to take on the world superpower? on there own decision..

Iran is calling the USA's bluff.
The USA has carefully tried to avoid the term ' action '

Saying they want to AVOID military action, they want to work this out peacefully.
which I believe is true. The last thing America wants now, is a 2nd frontline.
Iran knows this,
and Iran feels they can bully the americas..

Does america have the stomach to go after a peaceful middleast?
a middleast where the main supplier to terroism could ultimately start supplying nuclear weapons?

GW and his war hawks have a decision to make.

Do we tackle Iran now, risk everything, sacrifice our safety and citizens world wide to stop this country develuoping this haneous weapon?
Or do we wait, hope cool heads prevail, and that Iran keep a lock on any device it creates?...

Problem is the only way they will know for sure weather iran keeps to its promise of a peacful nuclear programme,

is we will either live out our days without seeing a mushroom cloud in Israel and the USA
Or one day mankind will wake up to the news that the apocolyps has begun.

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghaele
With other words Iran has by the treaty the same right as all other countries to produce nuclear electric power and all parts needed for this. They don't need any special permission from US, UN, IAEA or the rest of the world.

Then Russia doesn't need permission from the world to keep updating their nuclear warheads and putting them into latest, fastest ICBMs on mobile carriers anywhere in Russia since mid-1990s.

The bigger threats to world peace surely are US/Indian designs on a nuclear program outside the limits of the NPT, and US plans to build newer and more powerful nuclear weapons in violation of the NPT.

Tell that to the Russians. The biggest threat to world peace is just plain old, blatant ignorance.

Even if Iran did make nuclear weapons, they have no rockets that reach even half the world. Considering the 200 nuclear bombs Israel has as well as US' own, Iran will never be a threat. The fear you all show is based on US government propaganda.

D'oh! Scroll down to the 1999 and onward parts. See how pretty busy Iran has been acquiring and gathering all the materials and components to build up their own young ICBM weapon program. North Korea, China, and Russia, all happy retailers. Iran seem to be waiting on North Korea's Taepodong-2 missile launching test as Iran is quite eager to procure the whole ICBM technology from North Korea.

Do not underestimate the latest ICBM innovation and advancements among several countries with heavy R/D and investments around the world since 1998. Wouldn't surprise me if Iran get a ready-made Taepodong-2 missile with a nuke by 2008 or 2009 if Russia and China keep stonewalling the West.

Forgot one more for you:
read 'em and weep.

[edit on 6/27/2006 by pawnplayer]

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie

Originally posted by Legalizer

It is this kind of mania we fear in world leaders, and that
result in the disgrace of our militaries when they slaughter innocent women and children.

Take Skippy's and his ilks internet away and they'd have to spout his bloodlust at a Klan meeting or white power group. Same symptoms, same mental disorder.

You assume two very ignorant things.
1. That our military (I assume you meant that as a whole, not individuals) slaughters innocent women and children.
2. That I am white and racist.
Both are amusing until I consider the fact that you may be able to vote.

You take things too personally.
Note I said "our militaries",ie, any countries military whose occassional soldier does kill innocent women and children
Also Klan and White power can be easily switched with any racist/nationalist/fundamentalist organization of any color.

If you sit around stroking your impotent self with thoughts of bombing countries that have not attacked you, then you are no different than a person sitting around stroking himself thinking about lynching a person of a different color or creed who has not attacked you. There is no difference, same pathetic mental disorder.

I notice you didn't deny the impotence part.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
The last thing America wants now, is a 2nd frontline.

You mean a Third front, Afghanistan and Iraq are two fronts, with Iran sitting in the middle.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Why must this definitely mean WWIII, escalation, or conflict? Why can't it simply mean both sides must go back to the drawing board? The march to conflict is not inexorable. Diplomatic breakdowns and ultimately diplomatic outcomes are not mutually exclusive. Agreement isn't a mandatory prerequisite to reaching a mutually acceptable understanding. At times I feel some people are hoping a conflict will arise. It isn't inevitable unless people make it so.

Unfortunately, there may be forces at work that not even those responsible for making the decisions that delineate between war and peace are aware of, that are determined to lead those parties into conflict whether they ultimately seek it or not. Granted, both "sides" have their own agendas and plans which could lead to conflict in and of themselves, but they are passionate and dedicated enough to them that they would not be difficult to manipulate as a result.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 05:50 AM
link   
because there really is no drawing board.
The us and israel stated they cant ALLOW a nuclear iran.

Iran has just said no to the US, we wil not talk because it will reomve our nuclear rights.

there's no middleground.

and ur SPOT ON, thanks for correct me, 3front war is hard enough.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Excellent points, pawnplayer. Some like to suppose on what they see on the surface, and superimpose their own good intentions.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

You take things too personally.
Note I said "our militaries",ie, any countries military whose occassional soldier does kill innocent women and children
Also Klan and White power can be easily switched with any racist/nationalist/fundamentalist organization of any color.

If you sit around stroking your impotent self with thoughts of bombing countries that have not attacked you, then you are no different than a person sitting around stroking himself thinking about lynching a person of a different color or creed who has not attacked you. There is no difference, same pathetic mental disorder.

I notice you didn't deny the impotence part.

Well, I'll try not to take being called an impotent hate monger so personally next time.

I didn't deny my impotence because I am indeed impotent. The doctors say that there's nothing they can do. But I'm sure that you are glad that there won't be more of my spawn running around to pollute the peaceful genetics of your perfect world.

All militaries kill innocent woment and children. All of them. It is called collateral damage. War is dirty, dirty, dirty. Believe it or not, I have yet to see one man or woman come back from Iraq boasting about all the women and children they killed. You know why? I bet you don't, but I know what you'll say.

Guess what else... There are people who like killing women and children. You can find them in libraries, hospitals, law firms, driving trucks, in the military, everywhere. Do you know what they're called? Say it with me... deeeeeeviants. (I know that is over simplified. Please do not quote the DSM IV to me) Very good! That is why we had that disgrace in Abu Gharib.

Now, I'm glad that you decided to expand your "Klan" analogy to cover whatever group that I am in, or that Skippy may be in. Shows some thinkin' on your part that you didn't bother to do before you assumed we were angry white males. Since the Iranian government is both nationalist and fundamentalist, I'm glad that you agree that they sit around stroking their impotent selves with thoughts of bombing other countries. Yep, that regime is as pathetic as the Klan. Point well made, and I'm glad you said it.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 09:23 AM
link   
If i could I would like to experiment. I would not do anything to Iran let them build a HUGE bomb like 300 miles long. Let them do as they please. No matter what it all ends the same.

They bomb us or we bomb them and some other country gets mad blah.

Maybe the matter should be delt with so secretive not their nor our gov knows.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
because there really is no drawing board.
The us and israel stated they cant ALLOW a nuclear iran.

Iran has just said no to the US, we wil not talk because it will reomve our nuclear rights.

there's no middleground.

You are correct. Let us hope, then, that some common ground can be discovered or synthesized, and that as is so often the case in geopolitics, what is said will not determine what is done. There's always a way. Are the players capable of finding it, though? I don't know.

posted on Jun, 28 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   

So I have no Idea what Iran is banking on.

[edit on 27-6-2006 by skippytjc]

Power plant?

posted on Jun, 29 2006 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Why does one of the worlds largest sources of oil need alternative fuel?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join