It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

about E85

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If we all start using E85, how will these Oil Executives and Polititians feed their families, pay for their mansions, afford a 120 foot yacht! For crying out loud, get this stuff up and running as soon as possible

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dabomb
why arn't most americans using E85 in their cars yet? isnt it clean and cheap and doesn't comes from right here in america.

Clean-er...yes. Cheap-er...no. Comes from right here in America...kind of.

Keep in mind that E-85 is a gasoline/ethanol blend. 85% gasoline, 15% ethanol. Sure the Ethanol comes from our cornfields, but the gasoline is still coming (primarily) from foreign sources.

I have been quite frustrated at the contentions that E-85 is a "domestic fuel." It's misinformation, pure and simple.

Next you're going to tell me that my Honda is an American car because it was manufactured in Marysville, OH. Maybe you can try to convince me that the products I buy at WalMart are "American" because the boxes are printed in English and WalMart is based in Texas.

Let's not lose the forest for the trees here.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
While oil is still used for other products besides fuel, automobiles are a major consumer of these fossil fuels. So anything we can do to cut down on "fix" from a foreign source will help.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
People will use it and the price will come down when CELLULOSIC ETHANOL starts being efficenttly produced.

en.wikipedia.org...

Corn base ethanol requires too much enrgy in (fertilizer, other chemicals, etc) to get to little energy out to be cheap and efficient. I believe the ratio is 1:1.5 Enrgy in to energy out. Cellulosic ethanol is projected to get as high as a 1:10 ratio in the not to distant future.

[edit on 10-7-2006 by Slap Nuts]

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaosrain
Keep in mind that E-85 is a gasoline/ethanol blend. 85% gasoline, 15% ethanol. Sure the Ethanol comes from our cornfields, but the gasoline is still coming (primarily) from foreign sources.

Ah, no thats E-15. E-85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. We've been using E-15 since the 70's because it doesn't require you to modify your vehicle. The US also produces 40% of its own oil. So if we converted all our vehicles to E-85 we would probably be able to become selfsefficient in regards to fueling our vehicles.

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by danwild6
Ah, no thats E-15. E-85 is 85% ethanol and 15% gasoline. We've been using E-15 since the 70's because it doesn't require you to modify your vehicle. The US also produces 40% of its own oil. So if we converted all our vehicles to E-85 we would probably be able to become selfsefficient in regards to fueling our vehicles.

Thanks, I stand corrected...

posted on Jul, 10 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Or rather the press release detailing some of the data regarding oil subsidies.

Survey

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join