It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Will Answer All Your Questions...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JackofBlades
Who is the character in my avatar?

That would be Toxin, an enemy of Spider-man.
Issue #1 was released April 13, 2005.

What is the scientific name for the Xenomorph/Alien creatures from the Aliens saga?

There are three different answers to this:

1.) Internecivus Raptus - according to the quad DVD pack. This is probably the official answer.

2.) Linguafoeda Acheronsis - according to "Aliens Apocalypse - The Destroying Angels". As these came out before the DVD quad pack, this is likely to be more widely recognized as the "real" scientific name, despite the disagreements about them being referred to as "Angels".

3.) Ohgodohcrap Ackarrrgh - according to the victims. However, taped transcripts of the victims pose so many variations on this name that none of them really ever stuck.

Finally, just what the HELL is going on in Lost?

Now THIS one is easy. See, there's a bunch of people stuck on a wacky island and they're slowly being killed off by external and internal forces.

Keep them Questions comin'!!!

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwhite
If a tree falls on a mime in the woods and no one is around to hear, does anyone care?

The simple answer is "Yes." Because the Mime would care, very very much. Even a self-loathing mime would care because he would be overjoyed at the inevitable end to his miserable existence.

Outside of the mime, the answer is still "Yes." Environmentalists would decry the damage done to the tree and the ecosystem by the mime.

But the complex answer, which only includes only the feelings of those whom are not the mime, and only those feelings relating towards the mime, is "No". No one gives a rat's ass about mimes. Their families disown them, the police have declared them enemies of the state, and the hospitals consider them (rightfully so) to be a biohazard. Every dead mime is another step towards nirvana. The only thing worse than a mime is a clown, and the only good clown is a dead clown, but not, I repeat NOT an undead clown. Those suck. And so do mimes.

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Is it possible that the Environmentalists would not care about the death of a mime?

With the exception of the stinking grease paint, and the polyester stereotypical white and black striped shirt, the rest of the mime would be rather biodegradable and perhaps quickly consumed by the forest creatures.

And what is a mime doing in the woods? He must know his life is miserable and probably has no life, I mean who is he talking too? Is it possible that he wouldn't even care if the tree fell on him?

Is it possible that the wishes the mighty oak will smite him and remove his self-created hell from the very planet that he trudged through daily?

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by thelibra

Who is the character in my avatar?

That would be Toxin, an enemy of Spider-man.
Issue #1 was released April 13, 2005.

AHA!!! Thats wrong!!!
Toxin is an ally of Spiderman!
JackofBlades - 1
thelibra - 0

[edit on 30/6/06 by JackofBlades]

posted on Jun, 30 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbrandt
How many dogs do I have as pets?

Trick question. You have no dogs, you are a cat person. And one of them just used your favorite towel as a litterbox.

I actually have 3 dogs, sorry.

posted on Jul, 1 2006 @ 11:05 AM
link   

I got this idea off a recent ATS post, and it seemed like good fun.
Ask me any question, I will answer it.

* Why do people consider it socially acceptable to increase sex-organs and
sexdrive to unnecessary proportions but look awkward at people that want to
get rid of sexuality all together?

* What do you put in a barrel to make it lighter?

* Why can't we all just be friends?

posted on Jul, 11 2006 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I have a question for you !

WHo was I in a past life, and what did I do, (pick my most important one that connects to this one, lol)

If you could bring up an issue, brillant!!!

if you could tell me something else great!

cheers.

posted on Jul, 14 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   

I actually have 3 dogs, sorry.

technically, there is no need to be sorry. thelibra said that he would answer all questions asked, not that every single one would be correct. lol

posted on Jul, 17 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I await paitently on your reply Thelibra?........

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
omg, I completely forgot about this thread. I'll try and have everyone answered by tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:57 PM
link   

AHA!!! Thats wrong!!!
Toxin is an ally of Spiderman!
JackofBlades - 1
thelibra - 0

Oh, you poor soul. You have no idea what's about to transpire between those two. Sorry. I don't want to ruin the surprise.

Sorry I forgot about this thread for a while...

Anyway, I've returned and here are the answers you've awaited.

Originally posted by reallynobody
* Why do people consider it socially acceptable to increase sex-organs and sexdrive to unnecessary proportions but look awkward at people that want to get rid of sexuality all together?

Because there are three universal biological functions that drive the survival of living beings, in order:

1.) Survivable Environment - Get to an area where you are not in immediate danger of being killed.

2.) Energy Source - Food, sunlight, water, etc... The source of energy which is converted later into biological functions of the organism.

3.) Propagation - Religion and mythology aside, no known living beings are immortal, but the desire to survive outweighs the knowledge of one's own mortality. Thus, the biological drive to propagate is of such incredible proportions as to even cause organisms to base their evolution around mating habits.

For someone to increase sex organs and sex drive is seen as perhaps over-enthusiastic and perhap hedonistic, but overall is still considered far more "natural" than one who wishes to do away with sexuality altogether. A being that is seen as having lost the desire to propagate is seen, unconsciously at least, as an aberrent strain, and unhealthy.

Now, granted, it doesn't mean we're not overpopulated and it doesn't mean that some people's desire to be asexual isn't a good thing, as far as making room for others to breed. But for the survival of a species of the species as a whole, the desire to do away with sexuality is a suicidal trait, and thus is more likely to be shunned than one who wishes to increase such a need.

* What do you put in a barrel to make it lighter?

A hole?

* Why can't we all just be friends?

Humans are inherently xenophobic. That which is different is bad. That which is bad must be killed. If it bleeds, we can kill it. If we can't kill it, we'll burn it. If we can't burn it, we'll... you get the picture.

Originally posted by mind is the universe
WHo was I in a past life, and what did I do, (pick my most important one that connects to this one, lol)

If you could bring up an issue, brillant!!!

if you could tell me something else great!

You were a poor basket weaver in Jalisco, Mexico named Jorges, a few miles inland of Boca de Tomatlan. You lead a relatively peaceful life until one day you caught malaria and died at 37, which, compared to the other people in your village, was quite a long time. You even outlived two of your children, which is for the best, as their future involved working for a crime boss in Boca. Your wife still misses you to this day and is beloved in the village as the local "Grandmother" to everyone. Your surviving children started their own farms, and one even moved into Puerto Vallarta to open up a Cuban cigar shop on Ignacio near the romance district, where favored customers are treated to a taste of the family's own homemade tequilla, which they regularly receive offers for of $100+ per bottle, but do not sell as it would mean less for themselves.

How's that for precise?

Okay, ready for more questions

posted on Aug, 16 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I asked someone's "higher self" in another thread who would win in a fight between Firestar and Aquaman, but I'd like a second opinion. I won't tell you what the other opinion was, because I don't want to contaminate the results. However, I think she could trap him in the shallows then boil him like a lobster. But that's just me.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2006 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by hogtie
I asked someone's "higher self" in another thread who would win in a fight between Firestar and Aquaman, but I'd like a second opinion. I won't tell you what the other opinion was, because I don't want to contaminate the results. However, I think she could trap him in the shallows then boil him like a lobster. But that's just me.

Thanks!

The theater of combat would largely determine the winner. Underwater, with, say, a school (or several schools) of pirannah at his disposal, a few sharks, some lampreys, and several electric eels, and maybe some sea snakes, and during a time before Hank Pym of the Avengers gave her the suit that made her immune to her own powers, then Aquaman might prove to be the winner.

Otherwise, yeah, Firestar would win. She always wins...and gets around. If she was hanging around Aquaman, she was definitely slumming it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join