It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Big solar blast may rattle Earth today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Satellites, pagers, cell phones and electrical grids could be affected Friday afternoon by a powerful stream of energized gas and particles from the sun.

The coronal mass ejection, or CME, is expected to reach Earth about 3 p.m. EDT and its effects could last 12 to 18 hours, according to space weather forecasters.

www.cnn.com...

We shoud have been hitted by now... Didn't noticed anything strange... Hey, I'll be happy as long as my computer keep working on...

Have you had problems regarding this?
I bet it will be a pain in the ass for all the sattelite pirate lol..

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by m0rbid]

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
im at work right now, and everything seems as boring as always... come'on mr. solar flare! give us all you got!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I'm at work too, about 30 -45 minutes ago, our lights went out for about 20 seconds or so... then right back on... that could have been the flare.. ???

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
H.A.A.R.P. is showing high readings as of noon today...

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I love it when nature messes with man's technology.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
My power went out in my room today, but I think it was because I blew out a circuit, I sure hope it obliterates something.

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 05:53 PM
link   
So it's sort of like a global temporary EMP blast? How interesting...

Just imagine what would happen if the flare completely killed all of Earth's electronics. Chaos would envelop the globe. I think we're waaaay to dependent on techonology nowadays. No one really bothers to prepare for a mojor disister, like an earthquake or something. It would be pretty much the end of the world if a blast from the sun kills all of our electrical stuff.

I wouldn't be much affected by it, as long as I have my books.

But then, ATS would be gone!!!!

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Yes I saw this on the News last night. Same, as long as my computer keeps workin', Im fine. But, I'm going to a party tonight..lol and what would be worse than showing up and none of the lights or anything working. But..it could be good...a few drinks..no lights..

-wD

new topics

top topics

join