It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quake fears for south California

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:28 PM
link   
We know it's coming..... Why does it seen like everyone is indifferent?

Here's the latest warning.

BBC "The southern part of the San Andreas fault is overdue for a large earthquake, according to a study in the journal Nature. This end of the fault has not experienced a major rupture for at least 250 years and is now primed for a release of the built-up tension. "

news.bbc.co.uk...

Is it just complacency or do the Californians just think they're invincible?

edited to add ex tags

[edit on 22-6-2006 by asala]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I have been reading lots on this the past weekor so, and it has got me worried and i dont even live there,

The plates are stressed and it looks as if something may just happen,

I really do hope people will at least make sure they have things to aid them if this happens,

Any members for the areas? whats your thoughts? Is the risk higher now than before?

Are we just hearing more about it than normal?

LOS ANGELES -- New earthquake research confirms the southern end of the San Andreas fault near Los Angeles is overdue for a Big One.

It has not had a major rupture for more than 300 years and is under immense stress and could produce a huge earthquake, a study said yesterday.
But exactly when that quake will hit cannot be predicted, said the scientist who conducted the study published in the British journal Nature

link

"The observed strain rates confirm that the southern section of the San Andreas fault may be approaching the end of the interseismic phase of the earthquake cycle," he wrote.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Sorry just realised there is another thread only started a few days ago on the same topic,

We can head there and post on this subject

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Well I'm a native born and raised los angelino, I've been through so many earthquakes(my apartment was red tagged in the 94) that I can honestly say we're just used to it.

The thought of a massive earthquake makes us perk our ears like the next person but in the end other than have the standard emergency supplies stocked what exactly are we supposed to do?

My basic rule of thumb at this point is that I won't even get out of bed unless stuff starts falling off the shelves.

I would assume that people who have lived a long time in Hurricane or tornado country probably have a similar view point on their parade of natural disasters. After a while it wastes too much energy to worry about it, just be prepared for it and hope if it's a real big one it doesn't take place during rush hour.

IMO of course.

Spiderj

top topics

join