It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some interesting facts about Iraq.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
VERY INTERESTING -

1. The garden of Eden was in Iraq.

2. Mesopotamia, which is now Iraq, was the cradle of civilization!

3. Noah built the ark in Iraq.

4. The Tower of Babel was in Iraq.

5. Abraham was from Ur, which is in Southern Iraq!

6. Isaac's wife Rebekah is from Nahor, which is in Iraq !

7. Jacob met Rachel in Iraq.

8. Jonah preached in Nineveh - which is in Iraq.

9. Assyria, which is in Iraq, conquered the ten tribes of Israel.

10. Amos cried out in Iraq!

11. Babylon, which is in Iraq, destroyed Jerusalem.

12. Daniel was in the lion's den in Iraq!

13. The three Hebrew children were in the fire in Iraq (Jesus had been in Iraq also as the fourth person in the fiery furnace!)

14. Belshazzar, the King of Babylon saw the "writing on the wall" in Iraq.

15. Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, carried the Jews captive into Iraq.

16. Ezekiel preached in Iraq.

17. The wise men were from Iraq.

18. Peter preached in Iraq.

19. The "Empire of Man" described in Revelation is called Babylon, which was a city in Iraq!

And you have probably seen this one. Israel is the nation most often mentioned in the Bible. But do you know which nation is second? It is Iraq! However, that is not the name that is used in the Bible. The names used in the Bible are Babylon, Land ofShinar, and Mesopotamia. The word Mesopotamia means between the two rivers, more exactly between the Tigris and Euphrates Rivers. The name Iraq

In the last few decades man has gone to the moon, put robots on Mars. Cured many illnesses, put computors in everyones homes,the world has done incredible things. And then there is the middle east, what has come out of there in the last few decades besides death and destruction.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by steve99
In the last few decades man has gone to the moon, put robots on Mars. Cured many illnesses, put computors in everyones homes,the world has done incredible things. And then there is the middle east, what has come out of there in the last few decades besides death and destruction.

Last few decades? It’s ALWAYS been that way. Try 1400+ years of death and destruction. And ill let you guys figure out what happened 1400 years ago...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc
Last few decades? It’s ALWAYS been that way. Try 1400+ years of death and destruction. And ill let you guys figure out what happened 1400 years ago...

Ahhh... Nothing is more refreshing than a dose of freshly brewed anti-Arab vitriol from our resident expert in all things anti-Arabic, Mr.Darth Skippy.

Try history books or Wikipedia, you maybe surprised. You have probably not heard about Avicenna, who some people call the father of modern medicine. Or forgot that what we use is called "Arabic" system of numbers. Heck, even the word "alcohol" is Arabic. I don't know about you, but I like alcohol. Cheers, my Arabic friends!

Baghdad was a center of learning until destroyed by the Mongols -- this is considered a huge blow to the Arabic civilization as a whole.

As for Darth Skippy, I hope he enjoys his drink which includes a think syrup of hatred with a liberal amont of ignorance.

[edit on 22-6-2006 by Aelita]

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Aelita, I think we can do without the irrellevent vitriol. Getting my point?

new topics

top topics

join