It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton brokers landmark Aids deal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Four companies that produce generic Aids drugs have agreed to reduce the cost of the drugs for millions of people in developing countries under a deal brokered by former US President Bill Clinton.

The companies in India and South Africa say they will provide the medication to several nations in Africa and the Caribbean at less than a third of the cost of patented versions.

Aids organisations have hailed the deal as a breakthrough, with the potential to save millions of lives.

Mr Clinton said treatment could begin in places where until now there had been virtually no medicine and no hope.

news.bbc.co.uk...
Might be time for another Arkansas Rhodes Scholar in the White House, no?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Didn't Bush visit Africa for like a week to help fight AIDS? What has he done or was it just a cheesy photo op for the brothers in the US?

posted on Oct, 24 2003 @ 01:51 PM
link   
No, no more Arkansas Rhodes Scholars, ok?
(yes BT, I'm in IT
)

this can only be good (I think). Since I am 'fair and balanced' I think Clinton should be applauded for this effort.

(though, that link doesn't work for me, so, I reserve the right to edit
)

If I were in the mud pit:
(Clinton is acting like such a neocon, lol: Not to be outdone by Bush he NOW he wants to do something about AIDS. I thought he'd do the typical dem thing and just rewrite history to make it look like he championed the fight against AIDs - is he now going to fight terrorism??)

[Edited on 24-10-2003 by Bob88]

join