It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Satallite Photos of Area 51 (Taken Jan '06)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:11 AM
link   
If you're on Google Earth and turn on DG Coverage on the Layers menu you can view the dates that Digital Globe have taken photos of any location (thanks to Xenophobe for the tip). It apparently doesn't date the actual photos shown in the Google Earth window but by clicking in the i next to the date you can obtain a preview of the photo taken on thats date.

We can all guess the date of the current Google Earth pics of Area 51 because they are still building the new taxiway dating it around late 2002 to early 2003. Check Dreamland Resort site here.

Through DigitalGlobe though you can access a preview of a satallite photo taken 17th Jan 2006, here, which apparently shows the new taxiway complete (as it should). There also appears to be a bit of water on the lake bed but not much else can be made out.

Just thought I would draw attention to it and hopefully someone will buy the pic soon and host it. Woo hoo new area 51 pics!

posted on Jun, 20 2006 @ 06:23 AM
link   
DUDE GREAT FIND... I have a new desktop, thanks.

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   
gfad, good find on the new Groom Lake pics.

Does anyone know if Google Earth ever updates their hi-res image database? If so, when? The existing pics of groom lake are four years old, and the new ones are six months old.

I know I could order prints from Digital Earth, but I'm way too cheap for that, and I'd really prefer them in digital form as part of Google Earth.

join