It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black holes and the big bang

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Didnt know where else to ask this question, but has there been any discussion about a black hole being the origin of the big bang?

I was watching a documentary on time travel and it hypothesized that travelling through a spinning black hole could lead you to another time/dimension. It showed a graphic of a U shaped tunnel with one end being the black hole and the other where the black hole would spit you out.

What I thought is when a black hole is created and gets dense enough to cause such a phenomena wouldnt the exit point of this black hole suddenly appear out of nowhere? Now what if this is how what we know to be the big bang occured?

A black hole, from another time/dimension, suddenly burst out into our virgin universe and started spewing all the matter it had sucked up from its own universe?

Has it been discussed before? I'm only a layman that likes watching documentaries, thats the extent of my research on this matter.

Thoughts?

[edit on 19/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Now then, seems it is a theory after all!

2. THE FIRST VERSION OF THE BLACK HOLE ORIGIN THEORY OF THE UNIVERSE: [SMITH, 1990]

The basic idea behind the Smith [1990] theory is that some black holes have two properties, sucking in matter from one maximal spacetime S1 and spewing forth the matter in a different maximal spacetime S2. Smith's [1990] reads: ". . .one and the same singularity S has the property of sucking in matter (qua black hole singularity) and spewing forth matter (qua big bang singularity). [Smith, 1990: 42].

The big bang singularity in our spacetime is a black hole singularity in another spacetime, and this latter spacetime has a big bang singularity that is a blackhole singularity in yet a third spacetime, and so on ad infintim. This hypothesis, I argued, explains the existence, initial conditions and basic physical constants of our universe.

The Black Hole Origin Theory Of The Universe

Cool

[edit on 19/6/06 by subz]

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I'm just a layman like yourself but I do frequent the physics forums over at this place and people have asked the same question.

www.physicsforums.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Here's some more info on the subject - math.ucr.edu...

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Thanks for the links bramski

posted on Jun, 19 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I've allways viewed the big bang as being the divide of nothingness, generating something more than nothing, and its opposite, something less than nothing.

If you want to look at it my way mathematically, I could show that, its all quite basic.

0 = 0
0 = x + (-x) (BOOM, the big bang just happened.)
both cannot exist in the same space, so one has to exist on the other side of the equation... following basic math rules...
x = x
Now we have x on one side of the equation, that would be us and our universe.
And another x on the other side of the equation, whatever and wherever that is.
Effectively you now have something made from nothing... only, if you actually put it all back together, you end up re-zeroing the equation.
(Which is where my phrase, if you add everything together, you get nothing, comes from)

You can think of black holes as the equal sign, whereas all mathematical functions are passed through to affect the other side of the equation.

This means in this event, black holes are the physical form of the equal sign... any matter that falls into a black hole, the equal amount of matter from the other side of the equation is destroyed.
Any matter you manage to extract from a black hole (if any) would also be extracted from the other side.

The difference between the matter entering the black hole from one side, and the matter entering the black hole from the other side is what causes the gravitational effect which results in the event horizon forming.
The event horizon is more of a holding pattern until an equal amount of matter can be diminished on the other side of the equation/black hole.

As for what the other side of the equation is, it could be a parallel universe, it could be something completley wacky in regards to what we understand... the only solid concept I have on it, is that it contains exactly the same amount of matter and energy as we have on this side.

[edit on 19-6-2006 by johnsky]

new topics

top topics

join