It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball? Any idea?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
www.aliensthetruth.com...

In 1990 mid-summer I was repairing damaged fence line on my North forty in Broken Arrow, OK. I usually camp at the site when I have large repairs to do. At about 2:00am my horses started running back and forth and the cattle began caterwauling. I thought coyotes had came for a calf. Then the animals became dead silent; they didn't even move. It became completely silent, I couldn't hear anything. Then all of a sudden it became almost completely lit up like it was 9:00am, to the north. It looked like the sun was coming up. I ran back to the camp and grabbed my camcorder and started filming. Please keep in mind that it was around 2:00am and the sun was many hours from rising. I panned the camera around and the look on my animals was very strange. They looked as if in a trance, with no reaction at all, almost as if they were in a state of shock. The fireball went higher and higher until out of sight. After it was gone, the animals went on as if nothing had happened. I could not even guess as to how far away it was, it looked as if the sun decided to rise at 2:00am. From the time I first saw the light till it vanished was about 5 to 8 minutes. I have had this video for some time now, but didn't want to bring any unwanted attention to myself. I have shortened up the video clip because of size but the look on the animal's faces gives me a chill to this day.

I found this story and the footage particularly interesting. Do any members of ATS have a theory on what this was. Was it a meteor breakup and some form of fireball? Did it have some alien influence? Or is it simply camera trickery?

Interesting

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I've seen that before and it sure does look like a rocket launch to me. The first initial glow looks like primary ignition to me. I have seen one nighttime shuttle launch from a distance. Keep in mind that we really don't know the true location this was filmed, despite the narrative, it could be anywhere.

Only thing that makes me scratch my head is the cloud cover. I know shuttle launches must be conducted in very clear weather, but do satellite launches have the same restrictions? In other words, will they launch unmanned vehicles through heavy cloud cover?

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Lets take the guy who filmed it at face value for a moment. His description of the behaviour of his animals was eerie to say the least, and if he's a rancher I think it's safe to assume he'd been doing it all his life so would know his animals inside out. For him to say he's never seen anything like it would suggest the entire occurence was something more than a rocket launch.

The video is very impressive, and although we can hear him breathing quite clearly we hear no sound of a launch. Our ears can hear a plane overhead at 30,000 feet, so should we be able to hear a launch from distance, bearing in mind the power of the engines and the noise they would produce? I'm no expert, but I think we should be hearing something.

It certainly does resemble a rocket launch based on the night lift-offs I've seen, and he could be some guy simply filming it then spending a few hours developing a UFO story to fit. I would be more than interested to see an interview with him, at his ranch and be able to prove there are no launch areas anywhere near him. I don't think this will happen though. The full unedited video would also be great, but again, as previous experience dictates, we will never see it

Good find all the same.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   
He says in the narrative that he panned the animals with the camera. Why isn't that included in order to lend credence? And the lack of rocket noise means nothing. I have the software tools on this laptop that permit me to remove, modify, and add sound tracks to video. Heck, I can produce a train wreck that sounds like an orgy. Or, vice-versa.

I would like to see the entire, unedited, video. Primarily to see the animals allegedly standing about.

Forced to use nothing more than these images, intellect, and experience, I have to conclude that it is more than likely a rocket launch. Any other conclusion, or even consideration, forces me to somehow suspend reality.

top topics

join