It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bill Gates to Relinquish Duties at Microsoft in 2008

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Bill Gates plans to step down from daily operations at software giant Microsoft Corporation in 2008. He plans on focusing on the charitable foundation that he and his wife founded, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. the transition will be a gradual one over a period of two years.

www.foxnews.com
Microsoft Corporation Chairman Bill Gates announced Thursday that he will transition from day-to-day responsibilities at the company he co-founded to concentrate on the charitable work of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.

Gates will continue on as the company's chairman after transferring his duties over a two-year period.

"This was a hard decision for me," said Gates, who founded the world's largest software company with childhood friend Paul Allen. "I'm very lucky to have two passions that I feel are so important and so challenging. As I prepare for this change, I firmly believe the road ahead for Microsoft is as bright as ever."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's good to see someone step away from their success in business and pursue a noble cause. Whether you like Bill Gates, or Microsoft, together they have shaped much of the technology we use on a day to day basis. It will be interesting to follow the course of Microsoft once he leaves, and see if there are any changes in the way MS does business, or produces it's products.

Related News Links:
today.reuters .com

[edit on 15-6-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I bet anything by 2015 Microsoft will be like nowhere near as big a player as it has been once Gates is gone. I wonder does he continue to recieve like royalties on his products? I know he has enough money to just make his income primarily on the stock market. Hell he could just go Trumps route and start building hotels and Condos too.

posted on Jun, 18 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
He is the true hero of nerds worldwide, myself included. He had the vision to see what the average person could handle, computer-wise, and capitalized on it.

I predict that in ten years, you won't recognize MS. It will be pure pablum.

new topics

join