It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The True origins of Christianity and all Religions???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
The following information and research was done by great researcher by the name of Jordan Maxwell. I highly recommend his book, That Old-Time Religion: The Story of Religious Foundations. I asserted in many of my documents that Christianity is a copy of the ancient Egyptian religion just with different names and give more a physical/human like story around it. If you need your perception of religion in order to live, I don’t recommend reading the article present at Jordan’s site, although if you want you can just blow it off and say he is nut and wrong, without even checking it out for yourself. However for those of you who really want to know the truth of the beginnings of religion, I urge you to read on. This is the best and most accurate history I have come across in all my research. Please read the entire article before judging and check him out, I did. I’m not saying it is 100% correct but he is defiantly on the correct path. Good luck with your research.

www.jordanmaxwell.com...

Researcher,

Blake K. Stoltman

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I recommend you read the books about the civilizations of MU.... by James Churchward..

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I haven't read the link yet simply because, IMHO, you would do all of us good to provide links and/or quotes to "all your research". Interestnig post......feed us!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   

=Blake K. Stoltman
Christianity is a copy

All the world's religions came from recitals of the Creation of the world and it's happenings. That is why even American Native Indians stories have included in them faint shadows of the flood, Noah, the tower of Babel and other similarities. There is nothing older than Creation, therefore no "religion" established before Christianity, even if it wasn't called that before Christ. All religions established on other than what actually occurred at Creation and the Garden have serious errors and illogic that lead the followers into decidedly non-Godly behavior. Only the Hebrews maintained the faith, and may the Lord richly bless them always for their faithfulness in recording the Creation, the Garden of Eden and all else in the Old Testament from the beginning.

Christians first got called that at Antioch, after the Crucifixion. Before that, believers in Yahweh were called Hebrews, Israelites and probably a lot of names no one would want to repeat, much like today. That a Savior was coming to earth was always foretold in the Hebrew recordings. That He did come at a particular time did not mean that all before that was "older" than He, that is extremely illogical. His coming was predicted in the beginning. He Himself even said, "Before Abraham was, I AM."

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Does this all really matter at all? I mean REALLY? This has all been popularized in the book, "The Pagan Christ" by Tom Harpur already, which I read, and which I found amazingly unimpressive. If you're trying to convince me that religion is a metaphore then stop - I'm a believer in that already. Does it matter if the characters listed in any religious writing actually existed? For the fundamentalist/literalist, absolutely but if you think you're going to get them to listen to you then you'd better put down that Crack pipe and check your reality status. The rest of us are not going to give you the reaction you seem desperate to generate because we already understand these writings to be mythical accounts - stories that are meant to convey a deeper meaning, a spiritual meaning and those that wrote these stories did not distinguish between the "inner" and "outer" worlds as we do in the Post-Scientific Western World. When we see these stories and their authors as being 'unsophisticated' or 'primitive' we are being arrogant, egocentric, sociocentric and spiritually naive. Don't let your cynicism close your mind to possibilities and try to touch the mystery we have been robbed of by Scientific Fundamentalism.

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 09:47 PM
link   
I do understand that many of you already have figured this out, and this article is not so much written for you. I only recently found enough evidence in my eyes to be able to say that such writing are a story handed down for 1000's of years. I posted it for those who were searching the same way as I was, and haven't found the correct lead yet. There are many ways to the end result, this is but one way. I would have loved to have someone convey all this information to me, and even list some of the books that help support it. I was not expecting everyone to go "OH MY GOD HE HAS FIGURED IT OUT HE IS A GENIUS" I would have been very dissapointed if that had been the case. I wanted to convey this message for the searcher. The ones trying to find truth but can't find it. There is far more to the story that I believe then I have given. That story is for a different time. I will give some of you a lead into some of this information if you are interested. Read Michael Tsarion book. It is very interesting, and a very good comparitive of the many sacred texts. It is not the answer either but it is definatly a lead. Keep up the research, and please don't take things so personally. This is quest for knowledge, and not everyone is convinced by the same things. In the end it doesn't matter, we live we die.... The End... (Maybe?) My guess is not for we are just energy and energy must go somewhere, it is a law of physics. Even with this information about religion I still believe in a God persay. Who knows though. Keep up the research and Good Luck!

Researcher,

Blake K. Stoltman

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Okay, I'm in a sarcastic mood tonight and I spouted off just a little - something I can't do from the pulpit. You're good to take on the search for understanding - I did the same myself for 35 years. For me, the answers came in Seminary where, ironically, few or no answers were given and I discovered that the best possible answer to a question is another question, maybe a dozen. I came out with more questions than I went in with and I thank the God I believe in for that gift: the gift of Ambivalence where, in the absence of answers, God is allowed to be God - not a God created in the image of my certainty.
As the Bhuddists say, "When the student is ready, the teacher appears" - and, "If you find the Bhudda on the side of the road, kill him (because the real Bhudda is unattainable so if you find him, you've found a fake)" = when you're ready for the teacher he'll bring you new questions.
Search and search deeply - in the self is the knowledge of the universe.
Be well and enjoy the ride that never ends.....

posted on Jun, 16 2006 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Blake,

Religion came out of Babylon during the time of the Tower of Babel. It predates Christianity by thousands of years. Does that mean that this is where Christianity comes from, as your books suggest. No.

What it should indicate is that someone was aware of God's plan to send his Son to die for the sins of men. I wonder who this someone is?

Instead of worship of the Son, you get worship of the sun. I wonder where that came from?

You listed the trinity in your earlier post. The real origin of the False Trinity is the sun, the moon and the stars.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sun Matrix
Blake,

Religion came out of Babylon during the time of the Tower of Babel. It predates Christianity by thousands of years. Does that mean that this is where Christianity comes from, as your books suggest. No.....You listed the trinity in your earlier post. The real origin of the False Trinity is the sun, the moon and the stars.

Sun Matrix, in the main, I respect your posts, but there are spots where you could provide some hard data...Of point, "religion came out of Babylon during the time of the Tower of Babel." I cannot agree with you there, and would very much like to know why you think it so.

BUT, you say "Does that mean that this is where Christianity comes from, as your books suggest. No."

And I do agree with you there. Christianity obviously follows the Jewish belief in Yahweh, creation, and so on.

Then you say, "The real origin of the False Trinity is the sun, the moon and the stars." Where is your data? Believe me I'm not asking for the information for the sake of the unbelievers, they will not believe if an angel appears to them and tells them to "shape up or ship out, the Savior is on His way". I'm asking for the sake of continuing threads on which you post, and yes, selfishly, so I can speak to what you say.

posted on Jun, 21 2006 @ 09:04 PM
link   
a while ago i came upon a great thread with a different view of how religion became and it really got me thinking. give it a look even for a different viewpoint.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2006 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Sun Matrix, in the main, I respect your posts, but there are spots where you could provide some hard data...Of point, "religion came out of Babylon during the time of the Tower of Babel." I cannot agree with you there, and would very much like to know why you think it so.

The origin of religion can be traced to Babylon. It is Satan's lie that blinds the world. How is Babylon declared the "hammer of the whole world" in Jeremiah 50? It is through the false religion that comes out of Babylon. Look in Revelations and you will find a Mystery Babylon. It is the same religious system that has it's origin in Babylon.
Baal, the sun god is the origin and can be found in the Bible as Baal, Bel, Balam amoung other names.

Then you say, "The real origin of the False Trinity is the sun, the moon and the stars." Where is your data? Believe me I'm not asking for the information for the sake of the unbelievers, they will not believe if an angel appears to them and tells them to "shape up or ship out, the Savior is on His way". I'm asking for the sake of continuing threads on which you post, and yes, selfishly, so I can speak to what you say

Look around. You will find the sun, the moon and the stars in some form winding through religion everywhere. Look at the Eastern religions, Islam, Catholicism, Mormonism etc. You will find the sun or moon or stars or a combination. This is Satans lie. Religion is based on salvation through works. Christianity is based in salvation through faith in the ONE.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 10:58 AM
link   

The origin of religion can be traced to Babylon. It is Satan's lie that blinds the world. How is Babylon declared the "hammer of the whole world" in Jeremiah 50?

Only have time to respond very quickly, Sun Matrix, but I gotta ask, are you Rasta? If so, then I better understand your reference to Babylon and so on, if you wouldn't mind clarifying, it'd be appreciated.

posted on Jun, 23 2006 @ 09:28 PM
link   
LOL, No Rasta here. I don't have any use for religion.

Now, how about telling me where you think religion came from and why.

posted on Jul, 7 2006 @ 01:54 PM
link   

LOL, No Rasta here. I don't have any use for religion.

Now, how about telling me where you think religion came from and why.

Sorry I'm so late picking up this challenge, sun matrix. Missed seeing the post I assume.

Anyway, "religion" is not a word I like and use. Christian is what I am and "religion" surrounding Christianity has proven a snare to me in more than a few ways.

But this much I believe from over 30 years of study, God IS and WAS and IS TO COME. His Name is "I AM THAT I AM".

His Word is law and Spirit rolled into one. By the hearing of His Word comes faith, and faith is a gift from Him as is His Word, His Son, His salvation, His grace, mercy and all other spiritual life-giving gifts.

So, to answer your question in a manner of speaking, "religion" is about God. God is not about religion.

The worship of God came from Adam and Eve, in whose generations men "began to call upon the Name of the Lord".

All that is godly, all that is good, all that is sane, right, and honorable came from God. If you include religion in that then it too came from God, which means it 'was' from the beginning, and is without end.

top topics

join