It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello - A Curious Conservative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Hello Everybody,

I'm a young conservative from Michigan. I've frequented this site for a few months now and finally built up the courage to join. Ever since I first visited, I've been surprised by the level of effort put into the projects here. I'm very appreciative of the quality of research I've seen here, which is primarily the reason I've decided to join.

Concerning my hobbies and interests - I enjoy watching movies and have a modest collection of DVDs. My favorite filmmakers include Akira Kurosawa, Carol Reed, Fritz Lang, Alfred Hitchcock, David Cronenburg, David Lynch, David Fincher, Luc Besson, Jim Jarmusch, Daron Aronofsky, and many others that escape my memory. Lately, however, I've been reading far more than I usually do. I've been reading a lot of John Locke and Frederik Nietzsche in the past few weeks. When it comes to fiction, I'm a huge fan of Franz Kafka and Jack Karouac, among dozens of others. As for music, my favorite bands include The Cure, Sigur Ros, Radiohead, and The Flaming Lips.

About two years ago, I took a keen interest in modern politics and became a fierce Republican. I listened to good ol' Rush Limbaugh nearly everday and was a rabid reader of Ann Coulter and other useless pundits. Hopefully that'll give you an impression of where I was. Thankfully, I feel I've matured past that point, and I'm now a little more humble and restrained, not to mention intelligent and experienced.

I first became interested in conspiracy theories when a very intelligent conservative friend of mine unexpectedly abandoned contemporary politics altogether in favor of researching famous conspiracy theories. I became a little distraught over this uncharacteristic attitude. Eventually, though, I found myself just as interested, mainly in theories concerning the "New World Order". So... here I am.

I'm here to learn, and I'm sure I will. I look forward to a profitable experience here with the community.

[edit on 6/13/2006 by Locomotor]

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS, Locomotor!

I hope that you enjoy your stay here.

Need help with the site? Find it here. ---->ATS help files

------------------------------------------

Don't forget to have fun while you're here.
Check out some of these forums on BelowTopSecret

General Chit Chat

Chit Chat Subjects

Travel
Jokes, Puns & Pranks
Folk Tales & Urban Legends
Food & Cooking
Relationships
People
Faith, Spirituality, & Theology
Health & Wellness
Rant
Members
Dreams & Personal Predictions

Arts & Entertainment

General Entertainment Discussion
Video Games
Television
Movies
Music
Comics
Fantasy & Science Fiction
Literature
Member Art

Computers & Internet

Computer Help
Website Design
Interesting Websites

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 13 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hey welcome and have fun, im in the same boat as you so let me steer you in the right direction, google up ACIO and let me Know what you think.

new topics

join