It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A New User.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I told a friend about ATS and he wants to sign up, but he can't because ATS no longer accepts new users who have "free" e-mail accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo!, etc.

How can he go about signing up for ATS if he only has a free web-based e-mail?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It seems he misses out.

The policy has been around a couple of months, and it's good security and avoids constant trashing and spamming of the boards with no consequences to the registered user.

Not questioning the value of your friend, 10DI10, but I back the registration policy entirely.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
It seems he misses out.

The policy has been around a couple of months, and it's good security and avoids constant trashing and spamming of the boards with no consequences to the registered user.

Not questioning the value of your friend, 10DI10, but I back the registration policy entirely.

So he's pretty much #ed because other people have abused the board? Can ATS make him an exception since I know he's not going to # things up on the board?

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Well if all options fail, I'll just find a friend who has AOL and see if he can use their e-mail to sign up.

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Exactly...but I should ask...what ISP is he using? Surely, it provides him with an e-mail addy.... If for some reason it isn't feasible, he can always have someone with an ISP create an e-mail addy for him, and then he's set....

posted on Oct, 23 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I didn't know that that was a policy, hm, i'm glad i've been registered for a while, otherwise i'd be pretty screwed to

new topics

top topics

join