It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The V-Symbol

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Don't know if there is an extra board about symbols here so....

What does the V-Symbol mean in terms of hidden meanings.

I have heard about DaVinici code and "V" is the symbol for the holy grail.

In Hebrew 'V' means vav = 6

Anybody else knows something about it?

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
classic case of a sign being misrepresented, and people believing the wrong meanings of symbols.

i do not know about V, but i have heard jordan maxwell say something similar about it being a hebrew symbol. while the popular meaning today is that people think it means peace, which it probably does not.

would be interesting seeing the board we are on, to have a seperate board for pages with meanings of symbols. i think most would find it interesting.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by andy1033]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Quetzacoatl is sorrounded by V's:

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Many people use it to represent victory.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
And don't forget. The aliens used it in that Visitors mini-series awhile back. You know, the one where they ate the live rats and pretended to be here to help mankind, but were really shipping people back to their world as food.

[edit on 6/8/2006 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wizard_1988
Many people use it to represent victory.

but that is what the thread starter is on about, jordan maxwell thinks that he is sending out a different message with that symbol than victory.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
The V with the hands means victory. Its also used in the hippy movement and means 'peace', though I think that the hand is head somewhat differently.

I don't think that the first people to start using it knew much about ancient hebrew or mayan glyphs.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jefferson101
Quetzacoatl is sorrounded by V's:

Are they just not petals?? or his flowing mane?

The V with the hands means victory. Its also used in the hippy movement and means 'peace', though I think that the hand is head somewhat differently.

I don't think that the first people to start using it knew much about ancient hebrew or mayan glyphs.

Used by british bowmen in the hundred years war after the french threatened to remove the fingers of anyone caught wielding a bow (effectively means go forth and multiply but less politely!) Am not sure of the validity of this, but am willing to go with the traditional view of agreement, as it is backed up in the major hundred years war textbooks.

What does the V-Symbol mean in terms of hidden meanings.

I have heard about DaVinici code and "V" is the symbol for the holy grail.

In Hebrew 'V' means vav = 6

Anybody else knows something about it?

[/qoute]

take all Dan Brown writes with a large pinch of salt!!

the link of V to the Holy Grail is extremely tenuous, seeing as it only started toexist in the 13th Century! and even then it was not explained what it was.

The problem with the V-vav-6 link is that many Hebrew letters correspond with a number, so you could take any at random and say they equal this number, and then find a symbol

Cug

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:05 AM
link   
I'm not sure if I personally buy it but Aleister Crowley claims to of given Churchill the V for victory sign as an occult symbol intended to "freak out" the Nazis.

Crowley did have a connection with the British spy people via Ian Fleming, so it's plausible but there is really no documentation about it until well after the fact.

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
is it so unplausable to think of the holy grail- and the female womb- as a V?

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by theyrewatchingme
Used by british bowmen in the hundred years war after the french threatened to remove the fingers of anyone caught wielding a bow (effectively means go forth and multiply but less politely!)

I beleive that is slightly different. That is where the back of the hand faces the person it is projected at, its just like "giving someone the middle finger" in the US. Though its clear that these things weren't regulated. It may've been used with the front or back of the hand, true enough.

Certainly give the churchill picture a different feel to it!

CUG
as an occult symbol intended to "freak out" the Nazis

Why would it freak out the nazis? Is it still supposed to mean victory, as in 'we're going to be victorious over you'?

Is 'victory' with a V in german? I seached here:
www.iee.et.tu-dresden.de...

Doesn't look like it, but there might be some forumalation I don't know about.

It'd be interesting if we could know what the early distribution of the hand signal was. If it was flashed in countries where "V" isn't part of Victory, that'd indicate that its not a good explanation (keeping in mind that these things can cross cultures though).

No its not. But is it so implausible that its a V for Victory???

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

No its not. But is it so implausible that its a V for Victory???

of course not- i'm not debating that at all.

posted on Aug, 10 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Your all wrong. 'V' Stands for Lucifier.

Lucifer isn't what people think. He isn't magical. He is just so highly evolved, an angilic being, that we apes find it hard to believe his powers are possible. From what I have read he is a trans-dimensional being that was sent here to rule over the negative polarity to help speed up our souls learning process.
A year ago I used to be a atheist, but since I have been studying the illuminati I have become a believer in God and Lucifer (but not the Bible). All this stuff can be explained through science. Just not with our current version science which is mostly wrong.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Can anyone tell me what this symbol means?

I've seen it just like this (in red) on two cars in the past two days..

I drew this on mspaint, the actually one was symmetrical...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by FuZe7]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FuZe7
Can anyone tell me what this symbol means?

I've seen it just like this (in red) on two cars in the past two days..

I drew this on mspaint, the actually one was symmetrical...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by FuZe7]

scissor sex?

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Grimoirium Verum, or “Grimoire of Truth.
a reply to: jefferson101

posted on Mar, 18 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Grimoirium Verum, or “Grimoire of Truth.a reply to: aniiohsowtf

join