It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I’m new to the forum and would like to introduce myself by asking a few questions to you old timers.
1. There’s a lot of talk about Bush being a dictator, but a dictator with only 2 years left in his presidency. My question is, under what circumstance if any do you think it would be possible for bush to remain in power?
2. If bush was to attempt to remain in power and use the military to keep him there, how would something like this play out. How do you think the public would respond, and to what lengths would the military go to in controlling the situation?
I’m curious about this topic because I’ve never heard anyone even bring it up. Everyone just acts like he’s going to wave goodbye at the end of his term. In all likelihood this is what will happen, but what if?

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
It would have to be a magnanomous event that would require his undivided attention, in other words, something so big that to be distracted by elections is out of the question.

Of course it would be terrorists, and it would have to be a BIG event, bigger than 911 so as to make everyone pay attention to just that, and not the prez elections.

'We've got to concentrate on our current problem first, it may take some time.'

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by liquidlove

1. There’s a lot of talk about Bush being a dictator, but a dictator with only 2 years left in his presidency. My question is, under what circumstance if any do you think it would be possible for bush to remain in power?

Would it really make a difference if Bush is or is not president? Leaders of free countries should not be treated like a king. They are supposed to work for us, all of us.

2. If bush was to attempt to remain in power and use the military to keep him there, how would something like this play out. How do you think the public would respond, and to what lengths would the military go to in controlling the situation?

The first step is to disarm and disinform. Change most peoples opinions and have them wish the military was in your city. If anyone wants to rise up, they are named the enemy and removed.

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Guy Fawkes

The first step is to disarm and disinform. Change most peoples opinions and have them wish the military was in your city. If anyone wants to rise up, they are named the enemy and removed.

Great thread concept. I touched on this in other threads, but isn't the fear of a pandemic and "quarantines" a perfect reason to "want the military in your city?"

Anyone remember GWB's first comment about his strategy for dealing with the Bird Flu? That's right. Quarantines.

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Mr_Peel]

[edit on 7-6-2006 by Mr_Peel]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Since the Constitution of these here United States specifically forbids more than two terms in office for the President its really a moot point.

But just for giggles.

For the President, any President, to serve more then the allowed 8 years maximum, he or she would have to seize dictatorial powers. That would require the aquiecence of Congress, the support of the military, and the TOTAL and complete apathy of the American public. The morons in Congress, OK possibly, they are afterall, morons. Apathetic American public, not happenin'. That apathetic they are not. Close maybe, but not quite. American military? Nope. They are Americans yes, apathetic puppets they are not.

I said this on another thread just like this one. Apparently it warrents restatement. The moment the President tries to seize such unwarrented powers would be the moment the third American revolution would begin.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Since the Constitution of these here United States specifically forbids more than two terms in office for the President its really a moot point.

You mean that old yellow piece of paper now being used in the bathroom in Washington DC? :shk:

I'll be surprised if there even are elections this year.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Bush,Cheney,Rumsfeld,are all puppets and belong to the Windsor/Rockefellers and are very willing servants i might add.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by questions2u
Bush,Cheney,Rumsfeld,are all puppets and belong to the Windsor/Rockefellers and are very willing servants i might add.

Actually Doctor "H" runs the planet..............be afraid, be very afraid. He runs the NSA phone tap, fake 911, OBL animatronic warfare center..........

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

You mean that old yellow piece of paper now being used in the bathroom in Washington DC? :shk:

I'll be surprised if there even are elections this year.

If you are in any way being honest with this assessment of the United States of America, your beliefs have been terribly skewed by the media, and such statements are absolute proof that you totally, 100%, without question, have no idea who and what America is.....'tis a pity this delusion which the worlds media has implanted in your mind so permeates your opinion. Come to America, spend some time with her people, possibly your wisdom will grow....

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
DG. Prepare for a resounding, yet very freindly and compassionate, I told you so in November.

Seriously though. Have any of you given any thought to just how hard it would be? It's easy to say, oh so and so can just order it. Less easy to do. That whole checks and balances thing. I may hold Congress in a great deal of contempt these days, actually most days, but I digress, Congress would never allow it, nor for that matter would the rest of the executive branch. And good luck convincing most of the military to go along with such blatent stupidity.

Who have I left out? Hmmm....oh yeah, the American public. I have come to the conclusion, unwarrented perhaps, but anyway...alot of you do not hold the American average joe/josephine in too high a regard. Most of them can, however, when smacked over the head enough times, wake up and realize what's going on around them. It might take an earth shattering event, and this would certainly qualify, to shake 'em out of watching old Seinfeld reruns, but it has been known to happen.

Of course, I could be the one who is wrong. If I am, I won't be here to listen to your I told you so's, I'll be in the streets with the rest of the protestors and revolutionaries.

Thermo. Doctor "H"? I am obviously missing something here. Enlighten me?

Windsors, nah, they're too busy running the world spanning drug cartel.

Anyway, the NWO isn't about to let GW take over. He is, afterall, just they're puppet, and we all know puppets have no free will.

[edit on 8-6-2006 by seagull]

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I thought the FEMA Act allows the "Kingpins" in our government to suspend congress under Extreme Emergency conditions. Which would allow them to stay in power a lot longer than our constitution allows.

Do ya think an all out attack from an alien race would qualify?

I think if I were in power and wanted to stay in power and had a mess of top secret technology hidden from the public, I'd probably fake an alien attack!

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   

DG. Prepare for a resounding I told you so in November.

Seriously though. Have any of you given any thought to just how hard it would be? It's easy to say, oh so and so can just order it. Less easy to do. That whole checks and balances thing. I may hold Congress in a great deal of contempt these days, actually most days, but I digress, Congress would never allow it, nor for that matter would the rest of the executive branch. And good luck convincing most of the military to go along with such blatent stupidity.

Who have I left out? Hmmm....oh yeah, the American public. I have come to the conclusion, unwarrented perhaps, but anyway...alot of you do not hold the American average joe/josephine in too high a regard. Most of them can, however, when smacked over the head enough times, wake up and realize what's going on around them. It might take an earth shattering event, and this would certainly qualify, to shake 'em out of watching old Seinfeld reruns, but it has been known to happen.

Of course, I could be the one who is wrong. If I am, I won't be here to listen to your I told you so's, I'll be in the streets with the rest of the protestors and revolutionaries.

Windsors, nah, they're too busy running the world spanning drug cartel.

Anyway, the NWO isn't about to let GW take over. He is, afterall, just they're puppet, and we all know puppets have no free will.

Hard indeed, an absolute dictatorship sounds harsh to us poor sensitive Americans, more likely a reforming of the republic in which Bush declares himself Head of State, giving him powers much like a king would but still having a senate. Checks and balances are clearly deteriorating as we speak, house members can be bought off easily as they only make like 150k a year, judges that are yes men to this administration and the CIA, FBI being used to incriminate house members. No one can say Bush hasnt gotten more powers because of 911, he now has more personal power id say since Lincoln was president. A massive attack could cause him to remain in power, like FDR during WWII, because it would be "unwise" to change administration in such hard times. People wold buy it im affraid.

whether or not this will take place... who knows
it is possible. I dont know why Americans think they are so invisible, as if a wall has decended upon them to protect their little lives, all through history there is a rise and fall of power, and never is power consolidated in the people. We had the power for 200 some years now, eventually we will loose it, with every passing administration we loose a little. History will catch up to us at some point and we will face it with out expertise, as we hid in our gated communities and sold our freedoms without ever knowing it. We are way to over trusting of our government.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Very few of us are all THAT trusting of the gov't. I, personally, would just as soon they stay out of my affairs entirely. Unrealistic perhaps, but there it is.

I think you'd discover that those checks and balances aren't so fargone as you might think. Especially in such circumstances as we are discussing here. I admit, I could be wrong. Mr. Evil President, whomever he or she might be, could possibly find a cabel of military officers who'd go along with this, force the Congress-critters to go along. I still have a lot of faith that the American public would rise up to defeat this. Maybe I'm a wide eyed optimist here, but that's how I feel, and I've seen nothing to change my opinion.

posted on Jun, 8 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Ahh.DrHoracid.....a name only whispered here, in the shadows, he drove the libs and mods insane. All the way up to SO and beyond. He was a true legend......

new topics

top topics

join