It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I request an automotive section

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:18 PM
link   
why didnt anyone else think about this before? one could start a dozen threads related to just one type of car. with all the cars out there, an automotive section could very quickly recieve thousands of posts.

what do you think mods could it be done?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
I am a big car fanatic. I can see how recall factors and other such things like the poisonus gasses released from new car dashs could warrant a good topic section. However I am not sur there would be enough traffic. I would say provide them with some links of the type of information and maybe even some suggestions for the text that you would like to appear below the section to describe what would be found in the section.

Good luck

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Hey, worksoft....

Try using the 'Suggestion' button, with your suggestion.

When you do that, you increase the chances of getting the desired response, 1000%.

It goes to a special Staff Only forum, where all staff members, and Administrators can review it.

Include your name if you wish a direct response.

Just to let you know!

Good idea, by the way!

Mechanic 32.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
There are plenty of sites that deal expressly with automobiles. I don't believe that there should be an automobile forum on ATS/BTS/orPTS. Except in general chit chat, any information about automobiles should be sought elsewhere on the internet. At least that is my opinion.

I can see where one would be curious about members' "favorite car" or regarding some sort of conspiracy involving technology, engineering or automobile companies in collusion but to start a forum that would involve questions like "help! my car won't start" simply wouldn't belong here unless you take A.T.S. to mean Automobile Trouble Shooting

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
We have lots of automotive forums:

Generic threads: Chit Chat

For Ford drivers

For Chevy drivers

For old car drivers

That being said, I don't think we'll be seeing any forum dedicated to cars.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:07 PM
link   
no forum for new cars?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by scoobdude
no forum for new cars?

Sure but in this economy I think this would be the propper forum

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
For Ford drivers

For Chevy drivers

For old car drivers

Priceless.

Maybe add Russian Cars

SUV's

and

Quality Korean Cars

edit: Oh, and visit my blog for Chinese cars.

[edit on 2006-6-3 by wecomeinpeace]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:25 PM
link   
That's the spirit wcip.

To the thread author, we aren't making fun of your suggestion, suggestions are a good thing, we're just having a little fun. I hope you aren't put off by this.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Shame on you staff members!

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Not really a bad suggestion.

There is an aircraft projects forum, so why not?

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Right, on a serious note, there's simply not enough interest. It's there, but not enough for a dedicated forum. Tumbleweeds would be rolling through that forum after a week. For now, post your automotive stuff in the Chat forum. You never know, you might open the floodgates and then we'll have no choice.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   
The aircraft forum often has a conspiracy slant on it, different creations of the government that are not public knowledge.

What can be said in an automotive forum that the General Chit Chat does not cover?

My thoughts are that the existing forums cover 99.9% of what we need.

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by chissler

Killjoy.

Yeah, I guess the majority is right, worksoft.

Just start a thread in General Chit Chat , with your Automotive Topics.

[edit on 6/3/2006 by Mechanic 32]

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   
What about a subforum within the aircraft forum? That would be manageable would it not?
I'm sure you all could figure out a proper name for a land vehicle thread.

[edit on 3-6-2006 by ADVISOR]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by chissler
What can be said in an automotive forum that the General Chit Chat does not cover?

How about those computers in the cars? Are they really aircraft style "little Black Boxes" that can record everything mechanical happening in a car as it crashes?
Does anybody besides me remember all those rumors a few years ago about carbeurators that could get 100 mpg? I first heard that one about the time that the manufacturers switched to Fuel injection.
Satelite GPS systems in cars such as ONSTAR can be helpful if you need assistance like unlocking your car, or recovering a stolen vehicle, BUT wouldn't this great technical stride to the future also allow THEM ( whoever they are) to monitor your movements or your location?
The Automotive Industry related conspiracies are out there, they are just mostly ignored.
No, I don't think a Forum is needed either, and I'm not even sure about the sub-forum somebody mentioned. It seems to me that everything could fit in some already existing place.

[edit on 4-6-2006 by rawiea]

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 12:23 AM
link   
At least it would give you somewhere to put this:

The Gay Conspiracy In Vehicles

That Ivantheterrible dude just cracks me up.

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Carborator with 100mpg... that just rung a bell. When i was in chool for automotive (12+ year ago) ther was a guy that came in with just a fuel filter. He said gas mileage was up about 30% and emmision we down about 50-70%. We put it on the emmesions machine we had there only variable changed was the filter.. and wow it did make a difference.

However the would not let it go any further as he feared for his life (people who have been deceased under mysterious circumstances). oh well, that would by my first thread in the forum if we had one.

Another one is bluetooth virus for cars... (only affects navigation etc) and other wild and crazy stuff.

new topics

top topics

join