It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mature subject matter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Genital cutting is ‘torture,’ WHO says
This was on MSNBC.com I'd only heard about things like this. I didn't think things like this still went on today. It sounds like something that was dont in the "dark ages".
I started thinking, why arn't we (USA,UN,EU) doing somthing about it. We're talking about mutilation and torture here. You know all the stuff that Bush/Cheney pushed about Suddam(sp). Then I realized the countries that that stuff happens in isn't sitting above a sea of oil. Hearing about crap like this, paying a few cents more per gallon at the pumps hardly seems like a legitimate complaint.
I just wanted to post this so everyone is aware.
I wish there was something I could do. Now knowing about it and not being able to do anything about it really pisses me off. So many good reasons to fight and we choose to fight for oil, or land rights, and we're ready to go to war when or business interests are jepardized(Cuba,Panama). We can't seem to lift a finger to help children,babies from being mutilated, disfigured, and ultimately tortured.
I'm not some holy roller or anything in fact quite the oppisite, but I'm not some blood thirsty freak either. There are good reasons to go to war and remove a regime this being on of them but not for cheaper gas or bottom line figures. We should fight man for man not fight man for $$$$$$$$$
I hope everyone is as appauled at this as I am.
Peace

posted on Jun, 3 2006 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry...where is the medical conspiracy/topic in this? I read about one sentence regarding the human body, and the rest was ranting and commentary on the USA government. Maybe this should be moved to the appropriate forum?

And it's "appalled" not "appauled".

Ciao,
MFP

posted on Jun, 4 2006 @ 03:47 AM
link   
It's mostly cultural. It mostly happens in parts of Africa these days. Sex isn't supposed to be enjoyable for the woman. It's also called "Female Castration".

join