It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan, Saudi Arabia in secret nuke pact

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Holy crap! I've read about this a couple of days ago, but now it seems to be true!

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan ? Pakistan and Saudi Arabia have concluded a secret agreement on "nuclear cooperation" that will provide the Saudis with nuclear-weapons technology in exchange for cheap oil, according to a ranking Pakistani insider.
The disclosure came at the end of a 26-hour state visit to Islamabad last weekend by Crown Prince Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Saudi Arabia's de facto ruler, who flew across the Arabian Sea with an entourage of 200, including Foreign Minister Prince Saud Al Faisal and several Cabinet ministers.

And this seems to worsen the US-pakistan and US- NK relationships as well:

[...]
But the CIA believes Pakistan already has shared its nuclear know-how, working with North Korea in exchange for missile technology.
A Pakistani C-130 was spotted by satellite loading North Korean missiles at Pyongyang airport last year. Pakistan, which is estimated to have between 35 and 60 nuclear weapons, said this was a straight purchase for cash and strongly denied a nuclear quid pro quo.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This can't be good to the stability in the middle east

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I was sent this very same article. ts nothing new.

The US being stupid and forming questionable alliances as always.

Best we remove ourselves at once, pull everything including investemnts out of there, and let them consume one another while the going is still good.

posted on Oct, 22 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
So you're saying the US should get out of Afghanistan and Iraq?
Hmm seems a bit late for that now. And it wouldn't stop the Saudi's from getting their hands on nukes. (But they probably already have a couple
)

I won't be surprized when the US invades Saudi Arabia. They too have a bad governement, the royal family have all the power, and can do whatever they please.
It's one of the richest countries in the world, but the avarage citizen earns about the same as an avarage Chinese person does...

join